• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Looking for ways to organized my models and props.

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, August 19, 2009, 01:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

In the beginning, keeping track of a few models was a piece of cake, but over the years the few models have grown into a few hundred; I lost track a while back as they're spread between 2 different PC's. Now, I'm looking for some ways of organizing all this stuff, but where should I start? Most of the bulk of these files are under a folder on each system named, BNG Assets. Some are under FE Addon/Mapfolder on each system as well. What do I do with it all? I thought about using Pak Explorer to make a new pak file. Would that be a sound option? I'm also beginning to make associated files like unit icons, wire frame images, inf files, etc, so the few hundred files will eventually become a few thousand I'm guessing. Any suggestions on what to do with it all? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Nielk1

I keep my models away from BZ2 itself. I have a folder called 3D where I have some sub folders. A texture dump folder where I literally dump textures to make the viewer I have work correctly, a folder for my models, and a folder for models from others. They are in their respective named folders. My models are organized into sections. Normally there is a work folder and a finished folder were the first contains the work parts and the otehr the BZ2 formatted files.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

Tanks, N1 I really need to get it together as keeping track of stuff is becoming quite a prob. I have so much stuff that I really need to sort it all out. I probably have more then a enough models to make at least one decent mod, but wouldn't really even know where to begin in terms of organizing stuff to get it done.

For now though I'd just be satisfied to get things organized, so that at least I know where to look to find specific assets. Perhaps, I should right click the folders and add comments to describe whats what in each folder, and then proceed to back everything up to like a DVD or 2. Was it Raven who lost every thing when his HD failed? I think that I'd lose my mind if it happpened to me too. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.