• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Getting Battlezone to work again

Started by Zorro, August 21, 2009, 02:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorro

Hello everyone I use to play BZ often and its nice to see the community is still alive.  Occasionally I still play BZ every now and then.  However, I hadn't played it since I got a new computer with vista and I'm having problems with it.  I read the post http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,9723.0.html that is here on this forum.  Seems to be the exact same problem or close to it (picture and description at the bottom of post).  I followed the link in that post and did everything the person suggested expect "turned trilinear filtering off" because I did not know what it is.  Has their been any updates on how people can get BZ to run on vista?

When I shoot my gun it lights up the ground like a checkerboard.  Another issue us that the text is cut up in the top left corner.  Very hard to read.

bigbadbogie

Try turning off "3D Card"... if you haven't already.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Well, that wouldn't be much fun would it?    :roll:

For the text did you try the Nvidia fix in the render.cfg file?

halftexel=1  //use this setting if your text is garbled (Rendition/Nvidea)

Trilinear filtering will be found in whatever control panel your graphics card has.  I turned my back on Vista but in XP it would be in Graphics Properties somewhere...   :)

To tell you the truth I'm amazed it runs at all under Vista.  Heck, I'm amazed anything runs under Vista...    :evil:

-Av-

Zorro

I tried the 3d card it did not work made my game lag.

Thanks Avatar on the halftexel=1  //use this setting if your text is garbled (Rendition/Nvidea) that took care of that problem.

I also played around with some others in the render file and got rid of the checkerboard affect when I fire.

The only thing that is still annoying me is on the radar.  Doesn't show West, North, East, and South on just a big white block (as you can see in my screenshot) and when the radar pings its a white block.  Other than that it seems to be running fine.  The radar isn't enough to stop me from playing :).

Thanks for your help!

P.S.  I couldn't find the Trilinear filtering anywhere under Graphics Properties

Dx

In the game options\graphics turn off shadows.
In the render.cfg set Trilinear = 0

Zorro

I don't have Trilinear in my render file

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

bigbadbogie

Copy and paste Trilinear=0 into the render.cfg file under the section D3D.

I'm flying blind here though dude... ... Dx? Does it only work in BZE?

My BZ2 mods:

Dx

Turn it off in the video cards control panel not render.cfg, my mistake.

Zorro

anyone happen to know where it is with vista.  I'm not very tech savy and I can not find it.