• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Creating a plot for the 1.3 Community Project: ENDED

Started by VSMIT, August 22, 2009, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like in the CP?

3rd Cthonian faction
15 (78.9%)
Relativistic time travel
5 (26.3%)
Direct time travel
8 (42.1%)
Cerberi enemies
10 (52.6%)
Cthonian enemies
15 (78.9%)
Time Paradox loops
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Warfreak

Or even Stargate for that matter. (They posed as gods, but still falls into the category.)

BTW: From the Info Lizard was kind enough to release the Promethians killed themselves and much of the ancestral "First Swarm" by exploding their sun.
Only the probes that they sent out are what is left of them, and even then the probes do not have biometal inside of them, just info to create it.

AHadley

OK, so maybe the third faction discovered a probe? Could even show it in a mission as an object that the Hadeans are after.

Clavin12

Like the mission originates as a battle for the probe. You fight back the Hadeans and claim it but the third faction comes out of nowhere and steals it.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Mr X

Quote from: mrtwosheds on September 07, 2009, 05:26:48 PM
No. But anyway the problem with Gods is, you can't shoot them or blow them up. So their role in a game like bz2 is going to be fairly limited, now Demons are a different matter... :-D

Sure, if you want to start ripping off warhammer 40000... :P

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 08, 2009, 07:27:19 AM
Like the mission originates as a battle for the probe. You fight back the Hadeans and claim it but the third faction comes out of nowhere and steals it.
Quote from: AHadley on September 08, 2009, 10:05:29 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.

It could be a good way of establishing how good their tech is, and introducing them to the other two factions. It would be like them saying "Its seems pretty stupid to let either of you have it." ;)
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Because it will grant them to build the Biometal, the Gods' Alloy. And possibly some other tech, with Lizards' blessing.

Another reason for the Phoenix name... they could see themselves as the Prometheans reborn.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Could do indeed... but we can't take all their discoveries away from them!

Clavin12

They could have gotten the biometal and using their already discovered portal technology nvented time travel.
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

The "Fish Ship" found in Fleshstorm IS one of the probes the Promethians had sent out.

VSMIT

So...  It's been a little over two weeks.  What have we come up with so far?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

How the new race got its biometal and we've also filtered out the unpopular aspects of the stories with the poll.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

It's been two weeks, and that's all you've come up with?  You guys need to get your act together.  The purpose of this thread is not to determine insignificant details, but how the story as a whole is going to work out.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

How bout we get rid of the poll, and list the chosen factors and concepts in a new thread for serious plot planning.
C l a v i n 1 2