• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

"forum newbie" -bz vet- one too many patches...help

Started by dirtwasp, August 25, 2009, 08:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtwasp

hello  bz crew and friends!!!
i may have a simple fix- and may need a little help from you tech gurus to get me by-
my bz2 works fine in all ,multi and single ,even the multi lan --but when i start FE and attemp the multi, lan -( by myself)- the new game all goes well till i start- then it goes ....flash screen ,loading assets, then the game starts and you only see a flash of the play field and then the game blinks off and you are in the game finish screen.

my guess is that i put one too many patches or mods in wrong-

when i check properties on the fe exe, i see a 1.4.0.0 version.
the startup screen says many things in a scroll-by......-fe revision c-....b.z.n.e.s. shell utility-.
....beta version  v.o.99,  and this is a comunity proj screen

thanks...

dirtwasp

General BlackDragon

sounds almost like the mission DLL's wernt installed.

Does it return you to the scores screen? As if you lost or won? Or does it just go poof?

*****General BlackDragon*****

dirtwasp

yep- it returns me to the scores screen--
and i am not too familiar with install procedures: so i don't know the dll process-

thanks very much

GSH

My recommendation: you've installed too much at once. I recommend you go slowly. Do the following:

1) Delete your BZ2 install, and reinstall from CD.
2) Copy/paste that install folder in Windows, patch up the copy
3) Test playing stock. I know that playing stock seems to be as appealing as root canal without medication to some, but just try it
4) Add in one mod. One mod only.
5) Test.
6) Add in one mod. One mod only.
7) Test.
8 ) Add in one mod. One mod only.
9) Test.

If you run into problems, note what you did, and where things went bad.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Axeminister

1). What patch do you want to use?
2). Did you patch over an existing patch (not recommended)?
3). There are two versions of Forgotten Enemies (FE). One is for patch 1.2 and the other is incomplete for patch 1.3. I suggest if all you want to do is play FE then make a new install and patch it to 1.2, then install the FE full installer from www.bz2maps.com. But the new patch (1.3TA5) is the best one so far and I recommend it above playing FE. Patch 1.2 is not stable.
4). Did you know you can install more than one install of the game on your pc? I have about ten installs of Battlezone II on my pc. Just find the "setup.exe" icon on the cd and when you get to "Destination" for where to install just hit the right arrow once to bring the cursor to the right and add a little info about the patch, example: "C://program Files/Battlezone II1.3TA5. Choose no to making a shortcut to your desktop because it sometimes overwrites existing ones, just go to the game under the start menu to make a shortcut if you need one. You can rename it once you place it.

Give me a personal message if you have a any questions.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

dirtwasp

thanks guys!!!!!

so fe is for 1.2 only huh, ok...as soon as my desktop gets this new mb installed i can use this info and return to the bz.

I would like to give something back from my bag -o- tricks--
the next time you get the flu  (and i think the govt boys are planning a big one) have someone go to the vitamin store and get you the "bee propolis" caps in the bee section,  ......and save your life...

just trust me, unless u r allergic to honey this will work,
I also added goldenseal and ginger and my daughter was up the next day.

these are nature's "anti-virus"

thanks again for all the hard work and long hours you guys have put into keeping this great game alive!!!!

live long and prosper

scorpion