• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Music for the 1.3 Community Project

Started by sabrebattletank, August 26, 2009, 12:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

Yeah, I agree. Keep it in mind, but don't decide anything.

Good to havde you, retro!

iron maiden

I'd hate to be seen as forcing  my iterests here but since the mod will most likely involve time travel, i have two iron maiden recomondations[though adding the song to the mod may require band permission.]

Deja vu: because you are travaling through time and feel like you've been in the situation before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIjPwzL_5Yk

caught somewhere in time: the name pretty much explains it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6OXAVV64Vo&feature=channel

listen to them both all the way through before replying.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Mr X

I don't think we would be able to use them for copyright reasons.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

iron maiden

Clavin12

I don't think the music should have lyrics. It can have vocals but please no words. The other two didn't have any and i think we should stick with the trend.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Definitely not lyrics. Singing, but in a more classical style - no words as such, just a few 'aah's or something. And not something that somebody else has released and holds copyright on. For a start, they wouldn't respond to requests (if they're anywhere near famous) and second, the RIAA (that right? american copyright nazis?) would kick our asses and we'd be shut down.

Nielk1

We really don't want to work on this yet. We want music that fits the mood of the mod, not music that sets the mood of the mod. Make the mod first, do the music last.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Lock topic and open it up after the mod is ready?
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

bb1

It is worth talking about.

There are times when Lyrical music works in game... particularly in ass-kick sections. My favorite example is in Halo 2, you break into a room and the brutes and elites are killing each other with some crazy rock in the background with lowered (though not muted) lyrics...it really set the trigger finger off.

Clavin12

But when you are watching a space cruiser gracefully gliding through the stars, or when you are driving a sentry through the trees on a recon mission or something non lyrical music works best.
C l a v i n 1 2

Blue_Leader

Quote from: bb1 on September 10, 2009, 05:04:00 PM
It is worth talking about.

There are times when Lyrical music works in game... particularly in ass-kick sections. My favorite example is in Halo 2, you break into a room and the brutes and elites are killing each other with some crazy rock in the background with lowered (though not muted) lyrics...it really set the trigger finger off.

I love that song, It's blow me away by Breaking Benjamin one of the most memorable parts of Halo 2.

iron maiden

agreed, i love BB and thier new album is coming out the 29th

Feared_1

Lyrical music is NOT a good thing unless it's whispering or chanting. It's distracting to the player and if the player is concentrating on what he's doing, he's not listening to the music anyway...

HOWEVER...

I really agree with N1 in that we really should wait until we find a mood to fit the music.

AHadley