• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Proposed history for the 3rd Cthonian faction

Started by Mr X, August 27, 2009, 12:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the third Cthonian faction be called?

Phosphornii
Phosphorii

iron maiden

how about the hermians, after the greek messenger god hermes?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Clavin12

Chronos wasn't a titan (he is often confused with Kronos the titan) he was the keeper of time which would explain the third Cthonian race inventing time travel. BTW, have the Olympians ever been designed or made into a playable race?
C l a v i n 1 2

Rocket

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 02, 2009, 05:08:53 PM
have the Olympians ever been designed or made into a playable race?

yes, they are going to be in BZC.
Hidden Defenders Mod

iron maiden

a few more ideas

promethii, prometheus was the famous titan that gave us fire

hepheastii hepheastus was the great metal smith pf the god's

Clavin12

Hepheastii are good idea wise but i don't think that the name sounds good enough.

There are three "factions" of the greek gods. Primordial Gods, Titans, And Olympian Gods.

The Primordial Gods are the ones like Gaia (Earth), Chronos (Time), and Nyx (Night).

The Titans are Atlas, Promethius, Kronos (not Chronos), and so on

The Olympians are those such as Zeus, Athena, and Hephastus

Since we have a race after the olympians how do Primordians, or Titanians sound?

Although the Hadiens don't quite fit in to this, seeing as Hades was an Olympian god, But then they were basing it on area of the world, not type of god. Oh well...

(this message for those of you who don't want to visit wikipedia :-D)
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

It is also possible, as this was an underground movement, that there is no existing Greek name for this third faction and thus what we say would be brand new. We can write it with the presence of mind of how it would have been interpreted if it was known, but knowing it was not. We could even pretend it was somewhat known.

Click on the image...

Retroboy

QuoteDemetrians or Hestians, I'd say. Poll time?
Here's where I'd suggest going. One other caution about "Hestians" - sounds a lot like "Hessians", which are 18th century German soldiers.

The original BZ1 and CP projects were heavy into pure greek references. It's just a name and doesn't have to dictate the behaviour of the race it's applied to (unless it's extremely symbolic like, say, Cerberi), so go ahead and pick one. Other names can be introduced later as subfactions anyways. :)

AHadley

Clavin12

How bout we make a list of all the names submitted and have a poll.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

What is the thought on the comment I gave about them not being known to humans anyway?

Click on the image...

iron maiden

if we do primordial greeek dieties i would suggest the Nyxians or the Nyxii, i like the i endings.

Clavin12

Gaiaii sounds quite strange.

Tartarus was a primordial god representing the deepest darkest part of hell so i don't thing tartarans or taqrtarii will do for a technological race. how bout Aetherii after Aether the god of the upper air? or Chronii pronounced Kroan-e-ai
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

i like chronii, it has a nice ring to it.

This has no relation to the topic but i though it was funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfWy9q0A7PE&feature=related

TheJamsh

Just skimming over this thread... everyone seems to be trying to create something from an 'already existing' greek god/godess or something, so half the work is done and the history somehow 'fits in'.

I think what really needs to be done is to go to the drawing board and make something totally original up. Just 'add' to the greek history if anything, rather than using whats currently there.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

Using whats already there anchors our story into history making it more interesting and believable.
C l a v i n 1 2