• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Spawning

Started by Rocket, August 31, 2009, 12:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

I'm having some trouble with spawns, i can't seem to make a spawned ship that IS NOT empty, the ships spawned are always empty.

i'm using a custom spawn ODF.

it is spawning a ship that is supposed to be basically a full drone ship.

I tryed adding "needPilot = 0" to the ship ODF, still showed up empty, but unpilotable  :?

please don't say that it has to be DLL helped..
Hidden Defenders Mod

TheJamsh

yep it does. spawns will spawn ships without pilots usually, unless they belong to a team i believe. Try using addPilot = 1 in the vehicle ODF you are wanting to spawn.

Either way, YOU won't be able to control it (even if its on youre team), unless a .dll gives you command over it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

Spawn an invisible building that lasts for 1 second with a tap which is a vehicle?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

That works with the pilot thing, but you still won't be able to control it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

what game mode are you attempting to spawn ships into?

Rocket

*TJ))) ok, i'll try addpilot=1. I'm not looking to be able to control it, just to have a ship there.

*BBB))) what you said would work... if taps weren't destroyed when its base building was destroyed... (but having the building last longer, and making the building invisible/unshootable might work)

*MTS))) it will be in MP, and IA.

thanks! :-)
Hidden Defenders Mod

mrtwosheds

In MP ships can be spawned at the start of the game, using mpic_ or mpih_  At any other time dll will need to do it.

Rocket

actually, it's not spawned at the beginning of the game, atleast i don't think so...

anyway, addPilot = 1 didn't work... the ship was still empty.

I did BBB's idea,(made the building practically non existant and made its life longer.) and it works nicely now. :-)
Hidden Defenders Mod

mrtwosheds

The building dies and leaves teamed piloted vehicle?
Can it then be used by an aip?

bigbadbogie

Another way could be if you spawned the ship and a pilot at the same time in the same place.

Quote from: mrtwosheds on September 03, 2009, 11:36:57 AM
Can it then be used by an aip?

Idle dispatcher should pick it up.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

Quote from: bigbadbogie on September 03, 2009, 11:00:11 PM
Another way could be if you spawned the ship and a pilot at the same time in the same place.

I was going to say that. Yeah afaik the best way to "spawn" a ship for ai use is either A: via DLL, or B: on the map editor by spawning a pilot of appropriate team, and the ship spawn on top of eachother. The ship will appear to spawn and have a pilot. Although you might end up with a spawned pilot standing if the ship stays alive longer then 60 seconds.

*****General BlackDragon*****