• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Are custom DLLs compiled with C or C++?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, September 02, 2009, 02:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I'd like to learn a bit of whatever language custom BZII .DLL files are compiled with. One person indicates that C rather then C++ is generally used to create such files. I have no clue either way, but I know that someone must have a clue as several programmers frequent the forum. Can Python do the job or is some other language mostly used to create the binary files that BZII uses? Could someone post a sample C++ script for me to study within the C++ UI. I've seen a few of these files in the BZII directory. I can open them, but don't have a clue what to do next if anything? Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

GSH

I've mentioned this before; I'd hoped you would have remembered. Go look at the BZ2 DLL source, which has been handed out many times over the years, usually once with each public patch. The latest revisions of that have a whole bunch of links as to how to rebuild them. For free. (Well, technically, after a big download and providing an email address)

-- GSH

BNG Da BZ Fool

I just dowloaded TA5 the other day. Haven't install it yet. I also have 1.2 and 1.3. Tanks, I'll check the change log to find the links. As to my original question is it C or C++?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.