• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Constructor mech

Started by RABBITPOLICE, September 05, 2009, 05:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RABBITPOLICE

Ello me again I used the xsi models from bzscap to make a mech using tank head and constructor
body but for some reason when I load it in editor it wont show up and it freeze's up
computer and I have to cut off battle zone. can you guys help figure out the problem pls.
Thank you (sorry if I sound rude I dont know how to talk on forums.)
im useing 1.5 beta thingy ma bop

Heres the odf

[GameObjectClass]
baseName = "ivGUNDAM"
classLabel = "iv_walker"
cockpitName = "ivwalk_cockpit.xsi"
geometryName = "ivGUNDAM_skel.xsi"

animCount = 10
animName1 = "idle"
animFile1 = "ivGUNDAM_IDLE.xsi"

animName2 = "idle2"
animFile2 = "ivGUNDAM_IDLE.xsi"

animName3 = "idle3"
animFile3 = "ivGUNDAM_IDLE.xsi"

animName4 = "sitdown"
animFile4 = "ivGUNDAM_IDLE.xsi"

animName5 = "walk"
animFile5 = "ivGUNDAM_WALK.xsi"

animName6 = "turn"
animFile6 = "ivGUNDAM_turn.xsi"

animName7 = "death"
animFile7 = "ivGUNDAM_DEATH.xsi"

animName8 = "death2"
animFile8 = "ivGUNDAM_DEATH2.xsi"

animName9 = "death3"
animFile9 = "ivGUNDAM_DEATH3.xsi"

animName10 = "run"
animFile10 = "ivGUNDAM_WALK.xsi"

scrapValue = 30
scrapCost = 100
customCost = 105
buildTime = 20.0
customTime = 20.0
maxHealth = 8000
maxAmmo = 6000
addAmmo = 20
unitName = "GUNDAM"
aiName = "GechProcess"
heatSignature = 0.1
imageSignature = 5.0
radarSignature = 5.0
collisionRadius = 4.0
isAssault = 1

armorClass = H

requireCount = 2
requireName1 = "ibfact"
requireText1 = "Build Factory"
requireName2 = "ibtcen"
requireText2 = "Build Tech Cen"

/////// weapons ///////////////////

weaponMask = 00111
weaponHard1 = "HP_CANNON_1"
weaponName1 = "gblast_c"
weaponAssault1 = 0
weaponHard2 = "HP_CANNON_2"
weaponName2 = "gblast_c"
weaponAssault2 = 0
weaponHard3 = "HP_GUN_1"
weaponName3 = "glaser_c"
weaponAssault3 = 0
weaponHard4 = "HP_GUN_2"
weaponName4 = "glaser_c"
weaponAssault4 = 0

//////////////////////////////////

lightHard1 = "hp_light_1"
lightName1 = "spotblue2"
lightHard2 = "hp_light_2"
lightName2 = "spotblue2"

[CraftClass]
rangeScan = 200.0
periodScan = 5.0
velocJam = 0.0
engageRange = 150

selectWaitMsg = "ivwalk04.wav"
selectAttackMsg = "ivwalk01.wav"
selectFollowMsg = "ivwalk03.wav"
selectGoMsg = "ivwalk02.wav"
selectOtherMsg = "ivwalk04.wav"

goMsg = "ivwalk05.wav"
attackMsg = "ivwalk06.wav"
followMeMsg = "ivwalk08.wav"
followMsg = "ivwalk03.wav"
repairMsg = "ivwalk09.wav"
reloadMsg = "ivwalk09.wav"
rescueMsg = "ivwalk10.wav"
recycleMsg = "ivwalk11.wav"
otherMsg = "ivwalk04.wav"
holdMsg = "ivwalk12.wav"
user1Msg = "" 
killedMsg = "ivwalk07.wav"
diedMsg = ""

// Angles are in degress
[WalkerClass]
headYawRate   = 100.0
minHeadYaw = -80.0
maxHeadYaw =  80.0
minHeadPitch = -30.0
maxHeadPitch = 30.0

alphaDamp = 5.0
omegaTurn = 40.0
omegaTurnAttenuation = 0.5f

alphaSteer = 0.1
velocJump = 0;
alphaTrack = 20.0
pitchPitch = 0.0
pitchThrust = 0.0
accelThrust = 8.0
velocForward = 15.0
velocReverse = 8.0

headpiece = "turret"
rightfootpiece = "rfoot";
leftfootpiece = "lfoot";

jumpSound  = "avwalke2.wav"
landSound  = "avwalke3.wav"
stepSound  = "iwalk02.wav"

engineSound   = "iatank01.wav"

this is location
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

RABBITPOLICE

The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

This part of the ODF is VERY important for walkers:

headpiece = "turret"
rightfootpiece = "rfoot";
leftfootpiece = "lfoot";

You have to have a part of the model named as shown in these lines.

So there has to be a "turret", which is usually whatever head piece you have, and a "rfoot" and "lfoot".  You can name them anything you want, but the body part has to match the entry in the ODF.

I have to say you picked the most complex unit in the game to start with...  walkers are very touchy things.

-Av-

mrtwosheds

It is also vertex animated and you are trying to modify it in threed (bz2me) This will not work, Threed is boldly knocked together app, and it simply cannot do such things because it is not softimage.xsi. All the animations will have been optimized until the don't work any more, and the vertex envelopes are probably in Slough by now. Saving any animated model with threed usually ends in a AV in BZ2.
You could do what you are trying to do, in Notepad very carefully.

RABBITPOLICE

Thanks guys
but how can I do this with note pad

and also what about the fact that I changed the basename to gundam

mrtwosheds

Quoteand also what about the fact that I changed the basename to gundam
You will need a gundam icon for it.

The main problem with threed is that it butchers the animation entrys in the .xsi, these are at the bottom when viewed in notepad. Copy the animation entry's from the un-altered model and paste them back in over the mess threed makes of em when you save.

You will notice in threed that components of the model are parented.  When viewed in notepad, parenting is defined by the number of { and } used within and after each section, if you get these wrong bits of the model will vanish or appear in the wrong places when viewed in threed and cause AV's in bz2.

Good luck. :-D

RABBITPOLICE

tyvm it works now but with a problem
The head moves but the aimer stays any ideas.
also how do I make a new texture for it
Thanks

mrtwosheds

Parent Hp_eyepoint under the head.

Quotealso how do I make a new texture for it
Slowly...

RABBITPOLICE

Tyvm for the help I put the eye point on the mech but I didnt aim it right
and im not sure how the blue, green, and red, lines should be and im not sure what they are.

mrtwosheds

They are the xyz axis directions. Obviously from here I cannot know what is wrong. what I can say is that attempting to do what you are doing with threed is very ambitious, It is NOT a program for creating new bz2 models, it is a Not Very Good tool for sticking bits of xsi's together. A scrapyard and a bucket of superglue, not a vehicle factory.

RABBITPOLICE

sorry but I dont know what else to use for what im doing so far threed has worked ok for me
all I need to do is position the eye point xyz axis directions

mrtwosheds

I "imagine" that the tank body head that you have attached the hp_eyepoint to does not actually have the correct rotation for being a head, even though you have rotated it in threed, its axis are still wrong, the hp_eyepoint will inherit this rotation and so does not work right. You cannot alter the components axis in threed.
This is a guess.
I would recommend getting to grips with a modelling programme in order to do things properly. Threed is a bodgers tool its creates bodged models.

RABBITPOLICE

its ok I fixed it everything good so far now I need to know how to put textures.
And thx for your help

mrtwosheds

A simple question, on a complicated subject.
Having stuck a tank head on a constructor, it might be a good idea to leave it looking like just that.  :-D
What are you planning on making your new texture with?

RABBITPOLICE

dono yet I dont have a program but I have an idea for two factions
And ill use constructor mech for the one I pick
1 A faction based on The planet Bane formed from abandon ISDF and Scion soldier's
2 A faction based on stranded ISDF soldiers from random planets who Build buildings
and ships from scrap. if this is the case I will leave textures alone.

So what do you think