• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Trouble creating soldier DMs

Started by Zero Angel, September 08, 2009, 03:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I'm having some problems creating soldier DMs in 1.2 and 1.3.

I've changed svar7 (i believe thats the one) to refer to a custom vehicle list made up of soldier types (is* and fs* types) -- however the Deathmatch DLLs do not seem to take well to this, as they will instead spawn a 'dummy' version of the soldier type next to the player rather than spawning the player as that type. "Ships only" mode will cause the player to repeatedly die as they do not spawn inside of a ship.

I've also tried using the vehiclelist idea for (1.2) ZEMOD's soldier DMs however even this does not handle spawning properly.

Is there something i'm missing?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

yeh this requires .dll work. ZEMOD has a custom .dll that it comes with that lands in the missions folder, cant remember the name of the file though. Best bet is to grab it for each version of BZ2 (so ZE 1.3 for 1.3 and ze1.2 for 1.2).

AHadley was making a SDM mode for the add-on pack, but stopped because the .dll needs to help it work. Nielk1 was going to take care of it by adding some code and a toggle i believe.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Red Devil

I just tried it in stock and it works fine, so i'd compare the stock pilot odf's with what you have.
What box???

TheJamsh

@ AHadley, its not. He's been waiting for me to release beta 10, which i now have BTW. GO GET!

AHadley

Is it for 5.1? Or do I still need 5?

TheJamsh

it'll work in either i believe, but final product will be designed for 5.1

AHadley

Zero Angel

Quote from: Red Devil on September 08, 2009, 10:51:56 AM
I just tried it in stock and it works fine, so i'd compare the stock pilot odf's with what you have.
You are using different pilot types right? I think that the default DM DLLs are hardcoded to spawn you was *spilo/*suser
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

I've got a class-based DM, every time I respawn its as a pilot.