• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Sound: Adding Music

Started by Killer AK, September 13, 2009, 01:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer AK

I would like to add bz1 and Red Oddyssey's music to my game and i remember it mentioned somewhere that it's possible now in the latest patch....
Just i can't find where to read about doing that.....i've heard about some ogg file. Anyone willing to help :?

bigbadbogie

Search the 1.3 TA5 Changelog.txt... located in the main BZ2 directory.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

You can either do that, or wait until the add-on pack comes out. Because it already has the option to add or remove extra music from the game via 'Local Mod Manager', and we have a selection of BZ1, TRO, or Recoil, or two, or all, or whatever.

Or you could not wait, but you will have to convert all the music to .ogg format, and copy it to the 'CDTracksAsOGG' folder in 'addon'.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Killer AK

What do you recommend, the jamsh?  Is waiting worth it? Will it play mp3?

Nielk1

Quote from: Killer AK on September 13, 2009, 05:16:23 PM
What do you recommend, the jamsh?  Is waiting worth it? Will it play mp3?

Put your music in now, it wont do MP3, OGG only.
Just remember HOW you put your music in since once the AP comes out you might want to take your music back out.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Well being the dev leader (or really me and Nielk1 are both dev leaders now because hes contributed so much), im very biased and would say damn right its worth waiting for!

But like N1 says, you could always convert and add them now rather than later, and simply remove them once i release the AP.

Nielk1

TJ's the dev leader of that, I'm the one who yells at him a lot and provides various services to assist. That and I lead about half of the stuff in there.

Click on the image...

Killer AK

Okay i will wait for it, but will the red oddy music and bz1 music be included in it in the initial download?

AHadley

No, they are a seperate download with instructions on where to put them. I shall have to add a readme to them too... maybe so each game's music can be added seperately from the Local Mod Manager.

TheJamsh

In the final DL AHadley we WILL include the tracks. It may make the DL larger but at least people will have everything.

Me and N1 also decided to include the 'modders_data' for the pack, much like the 1.3 patch has in 'extras'. Similar to where LMM and extra icons are located.

Nielk1

I only have it in the extras folder temporarily.

Click on the image...