• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB5.1 Expansion Pack Content List

Started by TheJamsh, September 18, 2009, 03:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

@above.

You know TJ BBB is naturally angry looking in his posts when he often does not mean it.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

you know spAce said no one can use ZEmod assets in other mods.

Have BBB make you some trees :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Or ask spAce since his maps are already in with a few concessions.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Quote- Originally, i had about three of four facility textures as well. Makes sense being a facility-like map. So i swapped out three of them for higher-res versions in FS2... again i dont see that as a big-deal.

I remade half of the Facility textures, and Lizard remade the other half.

I'm not even slightly sorry to be so blunt... but I really don't like seeing maps/mods which are stuffed full of other peoples assets... even if the maker does have permission. It makes it look like the work of some random newbie who just finished playing GMod for the millionth time.

I know that you are not just some newbie TJ, but I really would hope for more than that... from every modder.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

I see nothing wrong with using what is available. The tunnels he used are an entire set I specifically made for maps to use.

If I can get the DLL powered shield paths in the DLL he can even pull out all the invisible shield walls he has and make the map 100% hackles.

Which reminds me, that tunnel exit of mine bugs me... I need to slope that front face or something so it looks better.

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

like he said, it's supposed to be a place on facility. If he has permission, it's better if he uses facility textures to stay consistent. I think it's being a little too anal to say that each map maker has to use unique textures. Grass is grass, dirt is dirt, who cares? I usually just Google for my textures but if I spent a certain amount of time creating a seamless texture and another mapmaker decided that it was good enough to use on his maps, I'd take it as a compliment.

TheJamsh

I have messaged space about the trees, as i really do like them. Anything that is used there is already in the pack anyway, apart from that beacon, which i do want to replace... its not very 'facility' like.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Nor are mountains unless you found a rare spot.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

True actually lol, okay so its not facility, but... the buildings were meant to look old, factory like etc.

Zero Angel

Does the expansion pack contain Ultraken's recy VO's? I think it would be neat to make them optional.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

didnt know any existed? you got them lurking around somewhere?

TwinShadow

Could ask Ken for them perhaps if he made them. Though now I'm wondering what these VO's are.

AHadley

Thought they were in patch13... hmm.

I know one of them was the scripted one from On Thin Ice - "Do you want me to do something, commander?"

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Quote from: TwinShadow on November 21, 2009, 04:00:07 AM
Could ask Ken for them perhaps if he made them. Though now I'm wondering what these VO's are.
Ken released them to the Front Line Soldiers project a few years ago, so I dont think he would mind if they were made public. There are many extras there that don't seem to be used in stock. I'll repackage them and send him a PM asking him if I can release them to the expansion pack project (I renamed them in order to try and map them to the stock 1.3 recy VO's although there are a few extra VO's that are unused).

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 28, 2009, 01:49:35 AM
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bzii-unofficial-expansion-pack/videos/christmas-deathmatch

Got my video editor working.
LOL. That's some pretty ominous sounding christmas battle music.  :-D
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression