• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB5.1 Expansion Pack Content List

Started by TheJamsh, September 18, 2009, 03:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Let me put it like this, i dont understand why this is confusing.

If YOU have a texture set on your computer, and in this instance, you spray paint the word 'COW' on the side of a sabre tank skin yes? Now, on YOUR MACHINE ONLY, anything that uses that skin will have the word 'COW' on the side of it.

If you go on the internet, and host or join a game, YOU will see COW on the side of your sabre tanks, but ANY other players WILL NOT SEE THIS, UNLESS THEY HAVE THE NEW 'COW' SKIN AS WELL.

Textures are NOT sent over the internet when you start/join a game.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Rocket

1) i wasn't confused.

2) i was saying that if you modify a race's textures (isdf for example) and you join a multiplayer game, you are ISDF and the enemy is ISDF, both sides (to you) would have the clan skins, causing confusion for yourself.
Hidden Defenders Mod

hybirdisdf

Why not we pick computer's unit custom skins before enter the game same as choose race.

TheJamsh

because that simply isnt possible hybrid.

@ Rocket, wasnt neccesarily directed at you... just... people

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

Those are pretty pictures, but please convert them to .jpg's or links, please.
What box???

Zero Angel

Yeah, PNGs are nice because they dont suffer from reduced image quality but even a JPG encoded at 90% quality (virtually imperceptable detail loss) would be less than 1/2 the filesize.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

Getting better? TJ, you are one of the best mappers we have!

TheJamsh

okay just to keep RD happy they are mainly links now.

Dark Scion Soldier

Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: AHadley on November 08, 2009, 01:26:25 AM
Getting better? TJ, you are one of the best mappers we have!

He's the best mapper to ever steal almost all the frikin assets!!

MAKE YOUR OWN FLIPPING MODELS TJ!!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Well, he hasn't asked me for models yet :-P

The rule is everything should be done with permission, so we will be figuring out if TJs been breaking some of the rules on us. :-P

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

YES its the zemod beacon, and the trees. the beacon doesnt even FIT so yeh that has to go before release. What im going to do about the trees i dont know. (are trees REALLY that important?)

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 14, 2009, 06:15:10 PM
He's the best mapper to ever steal almost all the frikin assets!!

Facility objects... from FE, which appeared in FS2 if im not mistaken. And yes i took the hi-res textures from FS2, i dont see why that a big deal. I also modified most of the XSI's anyway.

- Textures for the map... if i remember rightly, TWO are from spAce, but hes cool with that. MOST of the 'ZST' maps we've converted have also used spAce's zephyr textures, and they have been around for YEARS.
- Originally, i had about three of four facility textures as well. Makes sense being a facility-like map. So i swapped out three of them for higher-res versions in FS2... again i dont see that as a big-deal.
- The waterfall, thats yours from QF, which you said i could use ages ago, and is in .msh format, and its the ONLY one around.
- The rest of the textures are either ones ive had to edit after hours of scouring through google, or my own.
- The tunnels are Nielk1's, as they are part of the pack, and TO be used for maps.
- The angels on the bridge sides are from Uler, and so everyone has permission to use them. I cant stand them though as they look awful, so ill probably swap them for some sort of emblem of something.
- The train is yours, but that you released ages ago to be used in maps.

The biocrystal, is my model, as is the holder, vehicle selector. The smoke effect and texture used is my own. I dont see the point of doing things again if someone else has already got them halfway.

AND , if i remember rightly (from FS2 Installer)
"All new assets (since Fleshstorm 1 that I have personally created) are free for anybody to use in their own mods only IF I am credited."

EVERYONE will get credited, as they requested, so its NOT a problem...

This expansion pack is supposed to be a high-quality thing, if i start putting my models in (which will end up as horrifically textured blocky objects, probably made wrong), then the quality of this is going to go down in spades. I have Warfreak, VSMIT, and Nielk1 doing models if they are needed. If this is a collaboration of different peoples efforts, why bother putting the crap that i make in, when Nielk1 can model 3,000,000,000,000 times better than me?