• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I downloaded TA5.1 and have a question?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, September 18, 2009, 03:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Someone mentioned that doing a clean install of BZII minus the 1.2 patch was all that is required for patching to TA5.1...is this corect? BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

Its PB5.1 :) but we'll forgive you...

Ideally you should install to BZ2 V1.0, NOT V1.2

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Cool, thanks TJ. One other question I have is when I originally installed TA5 I patch 1.0 to 1.2 and then installed TA5; is that a bad thing? Haven't played it yet, but I really like the graghics improvement on the intro video. It looks almost like it was somehow redone from stratch, but I understand it mostly due to using DX9 right? BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

you'll probably find it wont make any difference having 1.2 on first. The main problem is that previous patches CAN install files which PB5.1 either doesnt need or has them located elsewhere. if they aren't removed by the installer you will have problems with MP for sure.

Either way, 1.0 is always best :)

All the graphical improvement is purely because of DX9. Bumpmaps etc are re-enabled which certainly highlight and improve unit detail, but other than that no assets where changed :)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.