• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

CCA Last Misson

Started by Power Board, September 18, 2009, 08:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Board

Hey,

On the last misson for the CCA, I've noticed that the Black Dog's light tanks have no ammo. Is there a fix for this?

Sonic

I never recall that happening, they always seemed to work fine against me.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Rocket

when something starts ingame, it should have all its ammo right? so it must have used it all up on something.
Hidden Defenders Mod

Power Board

When the Light Tank is built, it has no ammo. I was able to destroy the NSDF base because they keep on building Light Tanks with no ammo. It has happended ever since I got the game.

Dx

What OS are you on and where did you get the game from?
I've never heard that happen before but maybe it's part of the timer bug, are you on a fast pc?
You could try setting your monitor to 60hz and turn on v sync.

General BlackDragon

they use phantom VIR wich uses up their ammo.

*****General BlackDragon*****

bb1

Not to seem mean or dumb, but who in all their infinite wisdom on the Battlezone dev team let something like that happen at all? They couldn't get it working with the AI but they left it there anyway, creating lame ducks.

I was going to say that...  :)  

Yes, they kick on every weapon and the VIR uses up their ammo, but I thought the SP missions used AI Light Tanks without VIR to get around this as I have had Light Tanks attack me with AT's...  

Maybe this changed in some patch...

-Av-

Dx

Oh yeah, i don't recall that in cca 8, maybe i just didn't notice, have to go back and look at that for a sp mission fix.

VIR, RF and my version of the tro cloak all wanted to activate when built but i found it in the code and stoped it. I don't have my work pc on now or i would show what the cause of it is..

But what i don't get about it is if the weaponmask was made to activate/deactivate the weapons on AI tanks, why have a line in the code to force it on no matter what the weapon mask is set to?

ssuser

Power Board, as said above, the Phantom VIR is draining their ammo before they get to you - Red Field in AI tanks will do this also - it's a game bug. What you could try is sticking the bvltnk odf from an odf pack in your addon and change that weapon to something else, like prox mine (gproxmin) or solar flare, this will make the mission a bit harder for you. Make sure you take out the modified odf before you try to play online again, though.

In TRO they fixed this, gave the Light Tank the Solar Flare - good idea, since the player has the black dogs in that mission pack. I don't know why they left that in regular bz, though they do get to you with ammo left on CCA mission 5.

Dx, I would guess that as far as the weaponMask/ hardcoded thing goes, I bet they wanted units to remain invisible until they strike - I have experimented and found that units with VIR always become visible once they fire, IF weaponMask doesn't specifically tell the unit to use VIR in the odf.

However, if you have weaponMask specifically tell the AI to set VIR as an active weapon, they will use it always, even after they open fire, so you are fighting invisible units.

Dx

Having VIR on when built is of no use, you can still see them on radar at a distance and if the weapons mask kicks in when the AI try to fight vir goes off and it's like a poor mans cloak only no ammo left to fight with.... hehe The AI would probably turn off VIR at the attack range of 150 meters when they can engage you. If you didn't know the was coming and looking in that direction, you would probably never see them sort of decloak, the effect is lost that they was going for, maybe i should add a vir that uses less ammo for the sp missions.

EDIT: I just looked at the mission and if you goto the BD base right away they will appear and fire ATs at you but 2/3s of their ammo is gone at that point. Looks like it take about 65 seconds after they are built to drain their ammo.

ssuser

I would guess when they set that up they were thinking of inexperienced players doing the campaign the first time through and not being experts at radar surveillance - I remember, it was a bit disconcerting running into the invisible Bobcats the first time I played.

They should have set up something in the code for SP missions where the ammo for VIR units gets replaced - wouldn't have been too hard to do, I bet - they set up similiar health replacements for some units and buildings that way.

Dx

Taking a look at it now, seems changing the bvltnk or VIR would effect atleast 5 missions, not sure i want to do all that...

Probably the best thing to do is use a custom gphantom.odf in the addon and set the ammo to 2

Quote[WeaponClass]
classLabel = "imagerefract"
ordName = NULL
wpnName = "Phantom VIR"
fireSound = "gphan00.wav"
wpnReticle = "gphantom.0"
wpnPriority = 0
wpnCategory = "SPEC"

[ImageRefractClass]
activeSound = "gphan01.wav"
expireSound = "gphan02.wav"
ammoCost = 2 // was 20
triggerDelay = 1.0
reticleCount = 1

ssuser

Yes, at least that way, the ammo will last longer.

I think you see those tanks on CCA missions 5, maybe 6, for sure missions 7 and 8, on mission 2 you see Black Dogs but I don't recall seeing any Light Tanks on that one. Even if you did take out VIR entirely I don't think it's going to change the missons much for experienced players. Neither RED Field or VIR has much effect on gameplay, IMO, at least not in single player. The AI ignores them, and the only way to make them really tough on the player is to give AI units both RED Field and Phantom VIR at the same time with no ammo usage.

Dx

Missions 2,3,5,6,7,8 are effected.