• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

EDITOR MODe

Started by RABBITPOLICE, September 21, 2009, 12:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

Wow Rabbit, you got DX to transgress the forum barrier.

A rare feat indeed!

RABBITPOLICE

The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

GSH

Should have made one exe with the editor intact and only disable any way of it connecting online. But that bridge has been crossed already...

Anything running on a system is subject to attack by hackers. Someone could find the flag saying "editor has been opened, prevent MP" and set it to anything they want. Separate EXEs -- with different code in each -- makes that job 1000x harder.

X360 does a lot of work to ensure hackers have a harder time (mis)using 'forge' mode. If Halo3 came out on the PC, then everyone would be using that mode in regular MP. Please stop asking to make BZ2 like some other game. Time to lock this thread, as it's going nowhere.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

GSH is right.

1: it'd be too hard to do.
2: Not really worth the effort.
3: You could make a DLL that could work in MP similar to a forge mode. With a ui interface that u can select things to spawn, and the DLL can spawn them. DLL can do almost anything :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

ScarleTomato

Quote from: GSH on September 21, 2009, 06:49:36 PMIf Halo3 came out on the PC, then everyone would be using that mode in regular MP.
-- GSH
In fact you can already do that on halo3. I know of at least one game variant for unmodded 360s that forces forge mode in regular MP. The variant was created on a modded xbox but anyone can download it easily enough. Dunno if it's still posted though. It was originally made so that you started with flamethrowers

RABBITPOLICE

wait so your afraid if you make editor exe multiplayer people might will find away to
use it on bz2 exe multiplayer
Quote from: GSH on September 21, 2009, 06:49:36 PM
Anything running on a system is subject to attack by hackers. Someone could find the flag saying "editor has been opened, prevent MP" and set it to anything they want. Separate EXEs -- with different code in each -- makes that job 1000x harder.

X360 does a lot of work to ensure hackers have a harder time (mis)using 'forge' mode. If Halo3 came out on the PC, then everyone would be using that mode in regular MP. Please stop asking to make BZ2 like some other game. Time to lock this thread, as it's going nowhere.

-- GSH
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

General BlackDragon

All BZ2 uses the same gamespy server. Hell, I could go into a 1.0 game using 1.3TA5.1 if i set it up right. I'd get bad assets, but i'd be able to enter the lobby.

*****General BlackDragon*****

GSH

All BZ2 uses the same gamespy server. Hell, I could go into a 1.0 game using 1.3TA5.1 if i set it up right. I'd get bad assets, but i'd be able to enter the lobby.

Just changing the gamespy version # won't do that. Lots of work is needed, especially considering 1.0/1.1 is UDP-only, and 1.2/1.3 is UDP+TCP.

-- GSH