• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

EDITOR MODe

Started by RABBITPOLICE, September 21, 2009, 12:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RABBITPOLICE

How do I use editor in multiplayer I dont want it for cheating just to mess with it when me and my bro play
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Feared_1

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on September 21, 2009, 12:17:08 PM
How do I use editor in multiplayer I dont want it for cheating just to mess with it when me and my bro play

Multiplayer editing is disabled in 1.3.

Earlier versions, I don't know of anyone who would be willing to give that information away simply because you can say you're going to use it for one thing and easily turn around and use it for another thing. There's no way for anyone to know that for sure. The same would go for anyone else, so don't feel bad.

I would learn how to make a NEW MAP for a different environment and you guys can play on that :)

AHadley

I had that idea once... kind of a Sandbox gamemode... but I'm not sure it will work properly without some real serious modding :(

RABBITPOLICE

Thx guys but since you cant edit in higher versions do you think in the future they will have a coop editing mode
for multiplayer
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Feared_1

Nope, that one was like hovering in earlier versions. It's a bug and was removed so no one could exploit it or give themselves an unfair advantage.

Like I said, you could make a new map and edit that, and then give it to your brother.

ScarleTomato

feared has the right idea. since it's just you two its much easier to make maps and then send the new map to your brother. MP editing causes some quirky problems and gamestates as well so it'll make for better gameplay anyways. I always like making DM maps with day wreckers raining down. :D

i did make a small mod a while back that had a droppable recycler as the special weapon on the starting vehicle. It was invisible and built a whole bunch of light units and weapons. You could make that and then it could also build a fast invisible hover cons to build tunnels and stuff. :D

RABBITPOLICE

No im saying that you guys could make it on a separate mode like on halo 3
I just wanted it for the fun of putting random enemies and objects

I would try to this for a mod myself but thats one part of bz2 I dont know how to mess
with

ScarleTomato

if you don't know how to use the editor already then how were you going to use it in multi? :P

start up bz2edit.exe in your game folder and play around with it. Get familiar with it then come back and ill show you how to save a map with the inf file needed.

QuoteNo im saying that you guys could make it on a separate mode like on halo 3
You mean like editing during gameplay? That was never an option. It's just the way the multiplayer code worked. You can't make map changes like that after people have joined. If you were going to try and make something like that. It would probably be easier to just make a whole new game.

GSH

The editor and MP will remain separate. This is by design. I don't care if you think it's fun, or you promise to not misuse it, or think it would be some "different mode." Someone can -- and will -- misuse it.

Learn to save a map and transfer it before starting. That's going to be the only way to do this with BZ2 1.3, any and all versions. I'm not going to add anything back in. Separate exes, some with some code, some with different code, is the way to avoid hacking.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

you can use the editor in single player to edit the maps, adding all the objects and stuff you want. Then you can save the map under a different name and give it to your friends, along with any custom made objects. Then you guys play online :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

RABBITPOLICE

Look guys im not saying I wanna build a map I know how to use editor
all im saying is it would be fun to spawn random stuff at each other
and some other crazy things but in a different mode you know
like death match or team strategy I mean its in Halo 3 and in Cube 1 and 2
so why not Battle zone 2

GSH

No. This feature will never be in 1.3.

There's a very short line between "it would be fun for me to do XYZ" and someone saying "I'm going to use XYZ to cheat." And, that's what I'm trying to ensure doesn't happen.

-- GSH

RABBITPOLICE

so forge mode in halo is cheating

Dx

Should have made one exe with the editor intact and only disable any way of it connecting online. But that bridge has been crossed already...