• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Blender

Started by RABBITPOLICE, September 22, 2009, 05:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Textures are fairly easy to paint in any decent paint program check Blender for the default textures that come with the program already installed. The hard part to me seems to revolve around understanding how to work with UV maps as these are the tools used to apply a texture onto the actual model surfaces.

Applying a texture on a flat surface is the simplist UV mapping method called planar mapping. The other methods are where things become a bit more complex as the texture has to wrap around a 3d object usually with distortions that need to fixed using the UV mapping tools. Most of the time not the way we'd like to see it applied. This is where the model maker needs to go to work breaking the UV map into sections via the break vertex tools provided with programs like Blender, Truespace, Max, etc.

I still don't quite understand the process competely, but Blenders website has a few tutorials that will certainly help you learn a bit more about UV mapping, unwrapping and texturing your models. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

RABBITPOLICE

Thanks but I got that down sort of anyway
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Rocket

photoshop 6.0 is free...
Hidden Defenders Mod

Warfreak

You know more than anyone here that pirated stuff is illegal. (The ONLY downloads still around that are FREE are trials.)

Nielk1

Quote from: Rocket on September 25, 2009, 06:10:09 PM
photoshop 6.0 is free...

AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN...

Where? Because that is a PAY PROGRAM. Show where legally or stop saying that.

Click on the image...

Rocket

you can download it from the official photoshop website..... or so i heard
Hidden Defenders Mod

VSMIT

Quote from: Rocket on September 25, 2009, 11:07:27 PM
you can download it from the official photoshop website..... or so i heard
No, you can't.  Now stop advertising it.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

VSMIT

Or if you don't have the money to afford Photoshop CS4, but do actually have the means to buy something, try Photoshop Elements.  Quite a bit less expensive, and takes care of anything you'd need it for with regards to BZ2.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Rocket

*Searched it up*

well, photoshop 4.0 is free...

i was only 2 versions off.  :lol:

EDIT: yeah, you can always use trials of the newer versions too...
Hidden Defenders Mod

TheJamsh

Random note, i aquired the adobe CS3 setup today... groovy.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Quote from: Rocket on September 27, 2009, 03:17:13 PM
well, photoshop 4.0 is free...
If it's not available on Adobe's website, it's not real.  Stop right now.

mrtwosheds

The are rules on this site!

But don't you just love old software!  :-D It just runs so much quicker than the newer stuff, I tried the cs3 demo a couple of years ago, It was painful, lots of extra eye-candy to slow my pc down and precious little new useful functionality to make up for it. I'm sticking with photoshop 6 until I find a good reason to change.