• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Blender

Started by RABBITPOLICE, September 22, 2009, 05:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RABBITPOLICE

:-D Hi guys sorry I keep asking questions but is it worth it to use blender for
BZ2
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Warfreak

:|, you're kidding right?

Lets see:
- Its free
- OM's Exporter exports perfectly from what has been tested
- Its not TOO hard to get the hang of.
- It does everything you would need it to
- ITS FREE.

Unless you have $2000+ dollars for a copy of Autodesk 3dsMax#, YES

RABBITPOLICE

Thank you very much

But one last thing

is there anyway to import eye point or weapon hard points
or do I need threed for that (wich I have)
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Warfreak

:facepalm:

HelperPoints (HP) are JUST NORMAL OBJECTS named accordingly.

IOW: You can make them in Blender just fine, just make a box and rename is accordingly.

Clavin12

Quote from: Warfreak on September 22, 2009, 06:11:38 PM
:|, you're kidding right?

Lets see:
- Its free
- OM's Exporter exports perfectly from what has been tested
- Its not TOO hard to get the hang of.
- It does everything you would need it to
- ITS FREE.

Unless you have $2000+ dollars for a copy of Autodesk 3dsMax#, YES

to add to his questions there are supposedly "free" 3d modeling downloads at the Autodesk website. Are they really free and are they worth it?
C l a v i n 1 2

RABBITPOLICE

um how do i make eye points because the first time I messed with them on
threed I screwed up

VSMIT

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 22, 2009, 07:05:10 PM
to add to his questions there are supposedly "free" 3d modeling downloads at the Autodesk website. Are they really free and are they worth it?
Autodesk has made a version of Maya free to download and use, called the Personal Learning Edition.  I personally don't like Maya, and there's no easy way to get any models you make in it to XSI.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

Never use ThreeD/BZ2ME to make changes. Just use it as a viewer. Models safed in ThreeD tend to be fubar'ed.

RABBITPOLICE

dont worry I know how to fix em up I made a mech out of the constructor using it
you have mess with notepad

AHadley

Yep.

Sometimes ThreeD screws them up irreprably. I added some rotations and HPs to a Hadean Megagun to make it useable once. When I reloaded it, all I had was two tris. A flat square, basically.

Nielk1

Quote from: Warfreak on September 22, 2009, 06:48:31 PM
HelperPoints (HP) are JUST NORMAL OBJECTS named accordingly.

HardPoints...

Click on the image...

RABBITPOLICE

hey um can I make textures with blender or do I need somthing else

mrtwosheds

Threed will truncate any model that has a texture defined on its first frame, like most of the stock models do...

Warfreak

Hardpoints and Helperpoints do the same job :P.

RABBITPOLICE

Im not using threed with differnt ship parts im making totally new ships and some animals

soo um how exactly do I make textures and colors

Thanks