• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Scion modifications and image and design and such tomfoolery

Started by sabrebattletank, September 24, 2009, 01:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

How about some kind of massive hovering battleship? Think of how killer the fury is, reduce its speed, remove its blink (and ability to easily escape combat) -- increase its armour and weapons payload, and give it a good ranging weapon. It's would fill in a weakness of the scion's arsenal, which is a mobile sieging force (if archers are the WWII equivalent of mortar squads, then a battleship would be more like a konigstiger tank).

The downside is that if it was properly protected/supported then it would be nigh-invincible and difficult to counter, except with, say, hornets and assault plasma.

Also, some all-encircling auto-cannon would be nice for this design. When a popper fires downwards, it automatically seeks its target out, even if the target is behind it. If you put that feature onto even a slow turning ship, then it can attack multiple targets at once.

Of course a hovering battleship would be overpowered if multiple of them were on the field at once, so to fix that problem, give them a high cost (like 120) then either limit the amount to 1 or 2, and/or give them an upkeep cost (like 1 scrap every 3 seconds -- IOW you wouldnt be able to wait for green scrap to generate because the upkeep cost would prevent it -- which makes the scion battleship only useful for late-game, if the scion team has lots of pools, or does a competent job of scavenging loose scrap)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

I suppose if there was some kind of treaty between the humans/scion/hadean population then they would all begin to build up each others civilisations with technology sharing etc.

Thats another thing, some products are going to be created because of that, and hybrid weapons too.

Its perfectly possible for the scions to have warships, and a few more scions, provided that the scions have a LOT of babies. (I wonder how quickly a bio-metal infused baby would grow :P?)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

For example the scions might have a scion shadower msl now, or a scion equivalent of sp-stab.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THOSE FOR MORE THAN A MONTH NOW! :cry: :x :cry: :x :evil:
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Zero Angel

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 02, 2009, 06:52:06 AM
For example the scions might have a scion shadower msl now, or a scion equivalent of sp-stab.
The multilock missile uses image signatures much like the shadower does. The only thing crippling it really is the loseAngle which causes the lock to be lost, not to mention the fact that multilocks are pretty weak (especially in stock 1.2)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Clavin12

Are the textures for the ships going to be changed as in FE? If so plz no scantily dressed ladies on the side of the matriarch.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

IIRC she wasn't actually dressed at all. Just low detail.

Those skins won't be used - the player is not part of the Black Rook squadron.

TheJamsh

FE 1.2 will remain the same in 1.3 in terms of appearance. There may be changes to unit physics etc.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 03, 2009, 02:40:34 PM
FE 1.2 will remain the same in 1.3 in terms of appearance. There may be changes to unit physics etc.

I think he meant will they be used in the CP...