• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Scion modifications and image and design and such tomfoolery

Started by sabrebattletank, September 24, 2009, 01:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

Ok. What we CAN do is design the new race (read: scions, it seems, was the consensus of this thread), it seems to me.

Discuss.

Name? Looks? Prototypes? Units?

Just nothing that could be construed as "story," like a history I would imagine.

Mr X

Not really, because everything about a new race is determined by its backstory.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

Mr X and I actually know very little about them ourselves as yet. We'll keep you posted though :)

iron maiden

but since the scions are the main characters in the game, should we design some new units for them?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Mr X

Oh yes, the scions are the main characters and we intend for there to be some isdf involvement,

so making new stuff for them should be fine.
starting January 2010!

sabrebattletank

iron maiden

i actually have a recommendation for a new scion or ISDF rocket tank. it will be similar to a brawler, except equipped with shadower's that when locked on, fire two rockets instead of the default one. shadower's are devastating against light units and excellent for taking down heavier ones from afar[ i refer to FE mission Cloak of Deception.]

Mr X

starting January 2010!

iron maiden

well then, perhaps we could add a long range weapon, keep the double shadower's, add an ion gun, and make it hover.

also, i'm thinking artillery might be a good idea.

ScarleTomato

develop the scimitar to work with ta5 and include it into the main build tree? That had to be one of my favorite FE units

Nielk1

Well, at least if you make something new and it doesn't suck even if it doesn't go in the CP it can go elsewhere, so I see this as a possible diversion for you all while things get sorted, one that MIGHT work with the CP.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

what about if we made it possible to construct portals. build one after another so that a consecutive pair jumped you from one place to another. that would be awesome.

also thinking of a variation of a titan with the duel shadower idea and mortar

Nielk1

Quote from: iron maiden on September 24, 2009, 04:33:55 PM
what about if we made it possible to construct portals. build one after another so that a consecutive pair jumped you from one place to another. that would be awesome.

Ahem? We? Who's on the DLL list? That's who would be doing it.
And it will kill them.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

well, you could use the transport DLL from FE and to get it going but i do agree building them and the whole consecutive building system would be a lot on them.

still think arillery should be a major part though.

VSMIT

Quote from: iron maiden on September 24, 2009, 05:11:05 PM
well, you could use the transport DLL from FE and to get it going but i do agree building them and the whole consecutive building system would be a lot on them.
Except that the transport DLL from FE was bugged, it only worked once, etc.

Quotestill think arillery should be a major part though.
Why, exactly?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.