• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Scion modifications and image and design and such tomfoolery

Started by sabrebattletank, September 24, 2009, 01:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

It would be best not to stray from the things that make Scions Scion and Humans Human.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

and what exactly would that be? If the scions use energy weapons, we could simply create some form af energy rocket, as i  said before, like the photon torpedo. How exactly would i be connecting the two?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Nielk1

Quote from: iron maiden on September 25, 2009, 02:25:58 PM
and what exactly would that be? If the scions use energy weapons, we could simply create some form af energy rocket, as i  said before, like the photon torpedo. How exactly would i be connecting the two?

It is not simply a use of energy thing. It is something much deeper and more difficult to explain. Many mods that add to the races have the downfall of making them clones of each other.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

perhaps, unless, and thats your usual unless, we make it different enough not to look like a clone. Seems simple enough to me.

VSMIT

Quote from: iron maiden on September 25, 2009, 02:47:51 PM
perhaps, unless, and thats your usual unless, we make it different enough not to look like a clone. Seems simple enough to me.
How about no?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

mrtwosheds

QuoteIt is not simply a use of energy thing. It is something much deeper and more difficult to explain. Many mods that add to the races have the downfall of making them clones of each other.
You got something against clones? :-D (Daleks have a cloning vat)
Its can be quite tricky in some areas, there are only so many ways to reinvent a gun tower for example.
The best approach, I find, is to try out as much stuff as possible, pack out the mod with units, weapons and stuff, and then see what you actually use. It can take a while to figure out that something sucks after you put allot of effort into making it.
Sound effects are very important, you need to be able to hear the difference.

iron maiden

agreed, we should also be considering what kind of geographical and climate type area we will be fighting, quite important in my opinion.

Warfreak

Not important WHATSOEVER to the Space-Faring battalions of the ISDF/EDF and Scions (Let alone every other race encountered).

EVERY PLANET HAS IT'S OWN CLIMATES,TEMPERATURES AND TERRAIN. THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE A RACE SPECIFIC TO SUCH CONDITIONS FOR BZ2 AND EXPECT IT TO BE PRACTICAL. (Caps means big booming,omnipotent voice. for those who don't know me)

iron maiden

what i mean by that is it would be a good idea to figure out where there fighting so that for instance we don't make a lot of tracked vehicles for a dominantly water world. Just to get an idea of where we are fighting. if the symbol of the new faction is still the Phoenix when it comes out of production, should we place them in a dominantly fiery area? just asking the important questions here.

Warfreak

Actually they are very irrelevant questions.

For instance, the stock game had treaded units in many maps which had large bodies of water in the stock campaign. (SeaBattle is an example of an IA map.)

The design and name of a race does not need to be done to fit with environment but with specifics of the race. (I.E. the Phaer Rhan are the race of Metal while the Swarm are the race of Flesh)

iron maiden

all i am trying to ask is where the protagonist will be fighting. Will he be fighting on a plate like Miasma, Tranquility, Bane, Mire, Rend, the Moon, Mars, the Dark planet, that's all i want to know.

Rocket

actually it doesn't matter WHERE they will be fighting, simply because the scions wouldn't adapt their ships, the scions wouldn't think they would be there very long...
Hidden Defenders Mod

iron maiden

but what if i want to know? thats all i want, to know where he will be fighting. it dosen't matter to me if the ships will adpt or anything like that, i just want to know where he's fighting.

am i not making myself clear here? Please let me know.

I'd also like to see any new Scion ships actually morph like a Scion ship...  not a 'transformer' type animation but a true vertex animation. 

-Av-

iron maiden

with avatar on this one, defiantly need to have the morph mode of bz2, gotta love that silver color.