• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Weapon Linking

Started by BZSubmaximal, September 24, 2009, 03:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZSubmaximal

OK..I am now properly RE addicted to BZ 2....now in my MPI phase of life...I am finding plenty of challenge and the relaxed nature of being able to walk away when I need too...

BUT...I admit there is plenty of challenge for me..so I admit...Its time to learn how to use that BZ 1-esque feature of weapon linking...so...gimme the quick "how too" please....so i can finish a map/game in less than 2 days.. :?

Mr X

Right click then left click whilst holding down shift, the amount of times that you right click determines which weapon links to your current one.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Zero Angel

While holding your multi-select (weaponlinking) button (shift by default), change your weapon (rightclick by default), then use your 'multi-select toggle weapon' button (leftclick by default) to link or unlink the selected weapon.

However I recommend you change your mouse settings to a more optimal one. I've been playing competitive strat games for years and have found this set up to be the most effective since it allows you quicker and finer control over the weapons systems of your craft than the default setting.

Next Weapon:
mousewheel down
Prev Weapon: mousewheel up
Multi-Select: Rightclick
Multi-Select Toggle Weapon: Leftclick
Jump: LeftShift
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

I tend to use a similar setting, but with the multiselect controlled entirely by the mouse (leave weapon toggle as Mouse1) and use Mouse3 to use my special. That way I can fly around the map with TJRV blasting away at whatever happens to be in front of me. I invariably smash into map barriers and end up bouncing back and forth :lol:

Commando

Hey Wardog, been a while since I've seen you on here.  How are things going?

Basically to handle multi-select, which stock ships use

1.  Press and Hold your Shift Key
2.  Press the right mouse button while still holding shift
3.  Press fire if you want link the currently selected weapon, if not, hit shift again to go to the next weapon
4.  When you highlight the weapon you want to link, press fire then let go of shift when you are done

The following steps apply to an ISDF Sabre

1.  Make sure you have your primary cannon selected, At-Staber, SP-Staber, Plasma, etc
2.  Press and hold Shift
3.  Press the right mouse button to scroll down to your guns
4.  With the guns highlighted, press fire
5.  Let go of shift

Now you should have your cannon and guns selected at the same time

If you are using the heavy sabre, pressing L will physically link its two separate combat cannons.

Rocket

QuoteIf you are using the heavy sabre, pressing L will physically link its two separate combat cannons.

would it play with the lights at the same time?
Hidden Defenders Mod

Commando

Sorry, it is K in bz2.  It was L in bz1 and in the early private betas that had the feature.  Now it uses K.