• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey Rabbit one way to do the MP edit mode thingy is via a 1.0 or 1.2 install.

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, September 25, 2009, 02:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

You'd lose 1.3 stuff but atleast you'd be able to get what you want done. Nobody advocates cheating but some us like me like to edit maps for use on like a home LAN setup; which is mostly what I've done so far when it comes to MP. Instant actions maps are a lot of fun too. I like to use the editor to test out new models and weapons on an unsuspecting AI enemy; the map editor is the perfect tool to do this with.

1.3 should be left alone to twart the true MP cheaters but as far as I know some peeps still actually play 1.0 and 1.2 online as I played some peeps a while back under 1.2. So go ahead and knock your self out with 1.2 bro. BNG. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

RABBITPOLICE

The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

BNG Da BZ Fool

Sorry bro, but i've never actually done that online to date. I just know that it can be done with 1.2. You might try starting a new MP game using MM5 with the editor option checked and see if the other player can see your new game. Try it on a home LAN with 2 PC's connected on the same local network.

The details I don't really understand, but both PC's need to have BZII running on an open port to see each other. The way it works basically is one player starts a new MP game and the other player selects MP and at the screen the other player should see the new game and then clicks the new game, selects a ship and hits the join button. I may be wrong but if both PC's have the edit option enabled then each should be able to drag and drop stuff from the object selection window. Also, custom ships you've made should be usable though you may get an AV with the mesage player x has bad assets. To be honest I don't know if it will even work as most game hacker/cheaters know how to exploit this bug in BZII; I really don't have a clue either way. BNG. PS: Post if you figure anything out as I'd like to learn how to do it too.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

AHadley

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

Locked.

I dont think we need to continue discussing methods of cheating in older versions of our beloved game. Rabbit, if you want new maps in 1.3, make them the normal way in the 1.3 editor, and SEND them to whoever you want to play with. Its not difficult and this is what you need to learn if you want to be up-to-date.

If you need help doing so then seek it in the maps and modding section of this forum. I'm sure the 1.2 players wouldn't like more bugs exploited in their games by "newcomers".

Also, please save topics like this for PM, thats what its for.

- TJ

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.