• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A small problem...

Started by Josiah, October 03, 2009, 06:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josiah

I have created a building, and to put it quite frankly, I can't shoot it. It is essentially invincible, because all the bullets fly through it. Am I missing something in the odf, or the xsi? And how do I make it where I don't have to put it right next to the other base buildings? Help would be quite appreciated.

VSMIT

When you make a building, you need to make a collision mesh for it.  What I do is take the building, clone all of its parts, make all of these clones a single object, then name it.  Collisions should be named "collision__hc".  The h tag will hide it from view, and the c tag will make it a collision object.  Note that only buildings support collision meshes, and they must be a single object and static (i.e.:not animated).
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Also, you should have a "terrain__h" baseplate if you haven't already. This is so that terminals in the building can be accessed etc, and to make sure it properly owns and aligns to the map grid.

EVERYTHING should be a child object of the "terrain__h" baseplate, AND you will still need a regular "terrain" baseplate if you're building is designed to have one.

Screenshots would be really helpful here.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

ScarleTomato

even if the collision and terrain meshes aren't there you should still be able to hit it. In you odf what is the classLabel? and is there anything mentioning collision?

Josiah

This is the odf:

[GameObjectClass]
geometryName = "abspow.xsi"
classLabel = "powerplant"
scrapCost = 30
scrapValue = 3
maxHealth = 3000
maxAmmo = 0
unitName = "Power"
heatSignature = 2.0
imageSignature = 1.0
radarSignature = 1.0
collisionRadius = 1.0
isAssault = 1

armorClass = H

requireCount = 0

provideCount = 1
provideName1 = "abspow"

[BuildingClass]
soundAmbient = "abspow.wav"

[PoweredBuildingClass]
detectRange = 50

I didn't know about the terrain_h and collision_hc... will try it.

Josiah

Alright! it works!! the terrain__h makes a big blank spot, but I guess I'm supposed to clone it, and color it.

VSMIT

Terrain__h will not be seen, but should be a flat piece.  You can then clone it (named terrain) and deform the clone however you would like.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Rocket

also the terrain and terrain__h have to be the same size, and be in exactly the same position, you should also check out the stock bz2 .XSI's, they are extremely helpful in telling you what needs to be linked to what, and such.
Hidden Defenders Mod