• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Playing on line?

Started by Doodlebug, October 04, 2009, 09:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodlebug

Hi there , I'm new here and a complete computer dummy.

I used to play BZ2 years ago and would like you play on line with my son , I have two copies of the game and we can both get onto the on-line BZ2 multi-player website , but if we start a new game it can't be detected by the other player .

Do I need to download the latest patch to play on-line?

One of the BZ2 discs is about 10 years old (but works perfectly) while the other I bought recently from e-bay , is this the problem?

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated , but please remember I'm a computer dummy and will need to have things spelt out for me.

Thank you

Warfreak

Hmm, both discs should be same version...

On the no detection thing... that is due to ports not being forwarded. I don't know the 1.1b(?) ports off the top of my head but I think they are TDP 17770 - 17772.

Axeminister

1). If you want to play with everyone else online then by all means install the newest (and best) patch found at this link.

http://www.visi.com/~nathan/bz2/bz2_13.html

Give it plenty of time to install. And open ports 17770-17772.
2). If you just want to see each other over the lan, then forward your TCP and UDP ports 17770-17772. In other words open them. Windows firewall has a tab for program "exceptions", just type the name battlezone II and open ports 17770, 17771, and 17772. If you have another firewall like Norton running you'll have to do the same thing.

There is no knowledge that is not power.

AHadley

Could simply be that you aren't checking both game lists.

Try switching from Gamespy to LAN, see if that gets any results.

Doodlebug

Thanks for the input guys , I've opened the TCP and UDP ports and I can now play on the LAN list :-D

Will down load the latest patch when I have the time and will see you on line in the not too distant future :-D

Had to disable my usual firewall and start using the windows firewall again as I couldn't find how to do it on the Zone Alarm , but I can always switch between the two .

Thanks Again