• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I got part of this to work but can't remove a unwanted effect.

Started by S.cavA.rmyG.en, October 10, 2009, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

do you think its worth it

yes
0 (0%)
no
1 (50%)
NULL
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

S.cavA.rmyG.en

[OrdnanceClass]

classLabel = "seismic"

can't get it to stop thoroughgoing Objects flying and rolling them over or adjust the height of the distortion.

the defalt settings I found don't have any effect as far as I can tell.

I keep testing this but have yet to find the values to get this to work.
for the most part my current version sends any thing that touches the distortion to the top of the map or makes the terrain impassable because of the roll flipping the unit.

If you have not gussied what I am trying to do by now its simple terraforming with weapons and custom maps that move.

if you think you can help grate!
if you need files ask.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

TheJamsh

You need to post the entire ODF, seismic class is relatively new, but was a broken/incomplete class label at BZ2's time or release.

Objects WILL roll and fly around, thats the whole point of it, and no there isnt any way around it unless you want to adjust the phycis of EVERY unit.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

so I half to custom reconfig all units to get this to work  :-(
if that ends up being the final word on this fine I am already remaking just about all the units to start but still reconfig all units not all tougher worth it if no one shows interest in this as a feacher in a working MOD.
thank you Jamsh.

here.
[OrdnanceClass]
classLabel = "seismic"

shotSound = "gquak00.wav"

ammoCost = 1
lifeSpan = 80.0
shotSpeed = 0.0

damageValue(N) = 0
damageValue(L) = 0
damageValue(H) = 0
damageValue(S) = 0
damageValue(D) = 0
damageValue(A) = 0

[SeismicClass]
waveRadius = 360
waveHeight = -50
rampUpTime = 30
rampDownTime = 15
sweepOmega = 100
sweepVeloc = 50
shakeOmega = 5
shakeVeloc = 25
buildingScale = 3

this only makes a hole in the ground:

[SeismicClass]
waveRadius = 0
waveHeight = 0
rampUpTime = 0
rampDownTime = 0
sweepOmega = 0
sweepVeloc = 0
shakeOmega = 0
shakeVeloc = 0
buildingScale = 0

│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

TheJamsh

yeh but its not something you can really do, because those physics adjustments will render them awful in other areas of the game. Explain what you are trying to do exactly...

S.cavA.rmyG.en

use the SEISMICWAVE to temporary change terrain in game for two resins:
1. I really think it would be fun to have a map that has moving waves as a land form.
2. to make mountans/holes as defences and devastating attacks{when a building is destroyed buy a seismic ordnance it leaves the terrain unable to be used [this alredy hapens :-D]}

this in all is not the foundation of the mod just a feacher I would like to get to work.

if this would
Quote from: TheJamsh on October 10, 2009, 03:47:48 PM
because those physics adjustments will render them awful in other areas of the game.

can't I just set a small RV AIP set up to fix that so you half to use this RV for maps that support it to use the feacher I can even set the AIP to spon the despencers so that if its not used I dosen't do anything like the new DM gravity settings?
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

TheJamsh

What youre trying to do is a nightmare, and you will have to toy for ages to get the physics right.

try adjusting these to get rid of the object forces:
sweepOmega = 0
sweepVeloc = 0
shakeOmega = 0
shakeVeloc = 0

youll just have to play with it for a while.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

sweepOmega = 0
sweepVeloc = 0
shakeOmega = 0
shakeVeloc = 0

if I forgot to say it these have so little effect on the unit that is hit that I don't know why they were used in the first place. all these control is the wave not the object as based on over 30 different test configs I have try-ed for this ODF what I conclude is that they control part of how the wave is rendered as it moves or nothing at all.

If I end up changing physics it will probable be ether at change in the units self righting to adjust for terrain and a dampener place on the kick force of the ordnance controled by a unit mask.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

S.cavA.rmyG.en

thank you for your help. :-)

this if I deside is worth it will be anded to my MOD :mrgreen: or just relesd by its self 8-).

don't get any ones hopes up on that hapning. :cry:

I will for the time being go back to making my mod.
I alredy have part of this made in to a working bomb but nothing els.
[like a nuke but more fun to wach and leves craters  :evil:]
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

BNG Da BZ Fool

I hope things work out. Creating a battlefield with lots of new craters would certainly make for a dynamically changing battle areana, and force players to change tactics as the terrain changed. Sounds like an interesting way to create some nasty tank traps. Could a damage value be added to slowly destroy units that fall into the sunken areas? I really envy peeps that like to test the boundaries of the game and come up with cool new twists to BZII. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Rocket

some of the newer bz2 patches support seismic.

some of the earlier ones have the problems of buildings going flying high in the air when thumper (seismic) is used on them.
Hidden Defenders Mod

BNG Da BZ Fool

It does seem like BZII has quite a few quirks, but peeps have a way of finding little useful jems where new stuff gets revealed to make modding for the game more interesting. Still, being able to make holes in the terrain could make getting units around the map a bit more difficult increasing the challenge to defeat the enemy, or at least more difficult. I always thought that tank traps were an interesting concept from a commanders point of view. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

yes a slow damage can be put on holes and right now I am testing  my crater mines
but still cant remove the effect that will though the tank off the map.
got the nuke working it is so much fun to wach it kill a base and leave unbuildable trrain.
need to make the gun fire better. need to see all suported effects in this ordence class and what I can use to fix it how I want it.

I will keep you guys updated if you want one pm me other wise thank you for your help and will be seeing you.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

Nielk1

My Quake Mines make a nice ring of thumpers that don't interfere and hence don't get the terrain stuck.

Click on the image...

S.cavA.rmyG.en

nielk1 you realy halft to see my nuke got part of teh idea for some cluster bombs ODFs  and got it work at full effect after reading comandos and the entirer 1.3 mod log.
it rezembles the quake effect in dark rain in that it completly destorys buildings of every kind and makes is so you can not build them back for the rest of the game.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│