• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone Modeling

Started by TheWall, December 07, 2009, 07:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunt Force Trauma

Yea Wall, I remember having a fairly heated debate about the Grendel 3 years ago or so.

Since the POV is at the starboard side of the ship, many thought that was the model's cockpit.  The fact that there's ANY debate should tell anyone most any "interpretation" can be gleamed from the very low res textures.

General BlackDragon

One Sec...

Time to make you all drool.

For some reason, I can't find the "original" high res version of this that I used to make my signature.  :|

Also, for all you bz1'ers that complain about orange tanks in BZ2, this is what the Sabre COULD have looked like:

*****General BlackDragon*****

Ultraken

It sure would be nice to have those high-resolution models and textures.  They would make the game look like something from the 21st century.   :-D

The white tank isn't so bad, though it would have been nice for the color trim to be a separate layer for multitexturing.  The 512x512 texture sure is nice and sharp, though.

General BlackDragon

I wonder if you can dig up all those old assets someplace? *imagines ken sneaking into a CEO's office to download an old P8's HD data onto a thumbstick.

Josiah

that pic wouldn't happen to be from bzc now would it? your sig looks more like a max ani, cause dead vehicles don't leave burned-out shells behind. very nice though...

Josiah

OH, sweeeeeet! I just noticed you have the original comm tower! always wondered what had happened to it...

TheWall

Kevin - AKA TheWall

bb1

I also like the legitimacy of that scene. Lightning power on the moon, smart.

The original comm tower was ditched after the manual was written, so it was probably near release.

General BlackDragon

Those images are from a BZ Concept art package lying somewhere around here....

I wish BZC looked like that...

Josiah

Quote from: General BlackDragon
Those images are from a BZ Concept art package lying somewhere around here....

those aren't copyright BzC? Oh man! If someone has those lying around somewhere, I might be able to make a ani in max for an intro or something...

Red Devil

Looks like Wall-E's been busy.  :-)
What box???

Concept art, always a tease...  :)

I see it more as a 'ribbed' barrel, not spiraled.  The white lines on the game model are definately just 'painted stripes', but those on the concept tank look more like vertical ribs...  in fact the whole thing looks like it might be set up to contract during recoil...

Anyway...

Lightning towers on the moon...  I always thought that crater was the original NSDF base on the moon, Eagle's Nest one.  This would have been the first place Arkin could get his hands on enough biometal to really experiment with, once the Scavs were turned loose on the scrap fields of the moon...

This makes that Comm Tower and those Lightning Towers prototypes, and indicates plans in place to journey to Venus...  surely Arkin would have figured out that Venus wouldn't be too friendly to Solar Power...

You know...  I've been looking at Ken's project as a way to preserve BZ1 for modern hardware.  Maybe, if he can unlock the game the way GSH has unlocked BZ2, it could be a way to expand it also.  If he opens the engine up to new models we COULD contribute updated versions of the units and buildings.

Just a thought, purists please don't hunt me down and kill me... or burn anything...   :evil:

-Av-

Dx

Quote from: Avatar on December 16, 2009, 06:03:48 PM
You know...  I've been looking at Ken's project as a way to preserve BZ1 for modern hardware.  Maybe, if he can unlock the game the way GSH has unlocked BZ2, it could be a way to expand it also.  If he opens the engine up to new models we COULD contribute updated versions of the units and buildings.

-Av-

Don't get me excited. We're not there yet. hehe

bb1

The lightning towers would explain why the gun towers didn't shoot at all in the intro.

Dx

Quote from: bb1 on December 16, 2009, 06:40:02 PM
The lightning towers would explain why the gun towers didn't shoot at all in the intro.

Why is that, you think there's no lightning on the moon?