• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(kinda off topic) How many people...

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 13, 2004, 08:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Have you recruited into BZII since 1.3 was released? i have a head count of TWO :D

Commando

Since 1.3's public release, zero.  I recruited one while the 1.3 patch was being developed, he was accepted as a 1.3 tester days later.  He goes by the name Smoke_Jaguar.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

BZ FeebleEffort

My days of recruiting from the few lost souls still playing 1.0 and 1.1 are pretty much a thing of the past.(Although I did just reinstall a so I got 1.1 and 1.0 available)

I used to be a cautious optomist about 1.3. And for that I took much ridicule.

Now I only play my few games a week and wonder "what might have been"?

I don't recruit or repell anyone from playing any version of BZ 2...I still encourage friends(and family...my 10 year old son especially) to try this great experience...But like I've said many many times. 1.3 will stand or fall on its own. It had much greater promise, just poor marketing and customer relations.

Knight

I work here in Korea as an english teacher and as well as teaching in school I have quite afew private lessons with kids (mostly in their early teens) I go to their home and just hang out basically and practice talking. Before 1.3 i sometimes passed the time by taking them for a walk or to McDonalds under the theory that it's 'a natural environment for free talking' Now i've added BZ2 to that list of activities and am probably the only person on these forums who gets paid the Korean equivalent of $40 an hour for sitting and playing BZ2 with someone.  ;)
 er, so i installed it on 4 of their computers so far. Does that count?
 Knight

technoid

I have not recruited anyone, since I don't know anyone locally that plays BZII, apart from those already on this forum that also lives in my state.  But I've noticed from time to time on the BZII Gamespy masterserver that 1.3 is getting about a third of the servers, while a third is 1.2 and another third is 1.1 (and the rest are those adverts and chat sessions).  I see this daily, whether there's 6 or 16 total servers up.

wug

Now actively recruiting... hope to have up to 4 regulars soon - one "old-timer", 3 newbies.

Spreading the love. :cool: