• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(bug)

Started by burcyril10, July 14, 2004, 07:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burcyril10

I didn't see it report anywhere so here it is.

My system is a crappy AMD Duron 1.3 GHZ and GeForce 2 MX 400 (Win XP SP1)

Whenever I join a game the everything is demented (its hard to describe) making it hard to see and read and the screen is off center (usualy shifted to the left) meaning I get about half a cm of black on one side (Auto Adjust on my monitor doesn't re-align) I'll do some more testing. I know it happens on the 1024x768 res and i'm pretty sure it happens on any res....i'll take a few screenies and get back to you!

burcyril10

Well I don't know what happend there....but I can't get it to happen again :S.

However I have a different one:
You can't (as in you click on a different res click resume and nothing happens) change resolution during the a game and the highlight thing is always (for me) on 848x480x32 when my res isn't that, i tried all the others!

I was testing it in a multiplayer server and some guy joined, he also said he couldn't change his res...I'm SURE you could do it in 1.2

Commando

That was changed intentionally.  Changing your resolution in multiplayer would lag the game so it was disabled in multiplayer.  Too many people used it as an exploit.

burcyril10

and the fact that it shows the wrong resolution? I'm pretty sure my monitor can't even support 848x480x32 yet I always have it?

APCs r evil

Quote from: CommandoThat was changed intentionally.  Changing your resolution in multiplayer would lag the game so it was disabled in multiplayer.  Too many people used it as an exploit.

I wondered why I couldn't change my resolution once after I had to reinstall everything. Anyway if it doesn't divulge too much how could changing resolution in a MP game be an exploit?

technoid

Quote from: burcyril10and the fact that it shows the wrong resolution? I'm pretty sure my monitor can't even support 848x480x32 yet I always have it?
Are you sure?  You might need to squint or get closer to your monitor.    A "6" and a "0" (with a slash) can both look like an "8".  It's most likely 640 x 480 x 32.   Otherwise, 848 x 480 is a PC projector resolution.  You're not using a projector/plasma, are you?

burcyril10

I'm not using projector or plasma but i'm sure its 848x480x32, its between 800x400 and 1024x768 (the list is ordered in asending). I got a screeny...i'll post it if anyone wants to see it

technoid

Quote from: burcyril10I'm not using projector or plasma but i'm sure its 848x480x32, its between 800x400 and 1024x768 (the list is ordered in asending). I got a screeny...i'll post it if anyone wants to see it
What video drivers are you using then?

Tempest Storm

I too have the 848x480x32 option in my options menu. Its pretty well ignored though. :)

Commando

Changing your screen resolution isn't an exploit, but changing your resolution in order to cause warping is.  It does the same thing as setting your multiworld too low for you your computer.  It causes your computer to do a lot of work so it doesn't send info over the network.  I wouldn't mind seeing the ability restored, but I doubt it will come back.

Spawn

if you need to change the resolution, you can just do it out of game from the options screen after the mail login window.  Its not like people would change the resolution in game usually, unless they are using the exploit or are just stupid or whatever.

BZ2 is funny about resolution.  I've found it best to fire up the game, enter an MP game as a Host (LAN only if you like) and set whatever resolution/options you want in MP.

Do the same for SP as it seems to keep seperate settings for the two.

Then exit the game and restart it to see if the settings 'took'.

And yes, changing resolutions midgame is like shelling out for a bit, it interrupts the game playing on your machine while Windblows does it's thing.  This can be used to intentionally lag the game so now it's locked while in MP.

-Av-