• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Natty Bumppo's G66 2.0, BETA For PB5.1

Started by Red Devil, April 24, 2008, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

- Applying the improvements to the Scion AIPs now...

- Added base plates to AI Scion base.

- Noticed that the Titans were oversteering, so fixed that.

- Made the crigs/scavs/harvs not go idle after AIP switch.

- Switched effect lights to sprites to see if the improve fps.
What box???

Scoob

Hi,

I downloaded the new G66 2.0 Beta 19 just now and have been having a blast with it - very good work :)  I however have a question if I may?

I'm only playing against AI at the moment, just getting back into all things BZ. Anyway the two or three G66V2 maps I've tried so far have all left me at somewhat of a disadvantage as enemy (Scion in my case) Rocket Towers are spawned appearing to secure certain pools - usually the 2nd or 3rd logical choice from my base.  At first I thought the reward of capturing the pool would be down to which player (me or AI) who could build something to defeat these towers first...quite cool.  What I found out is that they actually appear to belong to the enemy team...is there any way to turn these off or are they part of the maps?

I don't tend to play fast games, but prefer to just build up my base and economy while slowly denying the enemy any pools they've secured...just my preference.

I am an old hand at BZII (but still a bit rubbish) and still have my original boxed copy on the shelf - just not played for quite a while, other than the odd blast with Steveeo's Recycler varient some time back.  Actually might be longer ago than I thought as this is the first time I've played BZ on my Vista build...

Any advice on configuring a game / map to remove those extra Turrets would be appreciated - or just some comments on what they're about if I'm missing something obvious.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Red Devil

They're pre-placed according to the difficulty level you choose.  Higher difficulty == more defenses.  It's up to you to find a way to defeat them.

There are some commandine parameters you can use for Vista (found in Changelog_pb3.txt) that you can use if you want:

/UseMyDocs
/Vista

If either of these is present on the commandline, or BZ2 detects
that Windows Vista (or later) is running, BZ2 will switch to using
the My Documents folder for the files it writes, including logs,
pilots, saves, etc. This can be useful if multiple people play BZ2
on the same computer.

/NoVista

If this is on the commandline, this overrides the autodetection of
Vista, and puts the files written in the same directory as BZ2 is
running. Note that if multiple, conflicting options are on the
commandline that the rightmost one wins.

Also, please note that the bzone.cfg SetPilotsDirectory() or
SetSavesDirectory() function can no longer have "@rootdir\" in them.
This is because things aren't guaranteed to be relative to the root
directory anymore. It's best to make the params to these entries a
single path, no subdirectories, or anything else. Sorry for changing
up the syntax of this param, but it's only been in the private builds,
so it shouldn't be too much work to change things. [NM]
What box???

Axeminister

If you play this version of G66 you may not be able to do anything slowly. I guess it depends on what you think "slowly" is, but you will love it either way. It's a lot harder than it ever was. But you can do it. We played version 19 last night and we held our own. We actually started too late and had to turn it off when it was time to attack, but had fun getting that far. Look forward to you joining us sometime.
Hint for rocket spires in beginning. Start off with the Sabre C1, which is found using the light units on page 4 of the extra options before starting your map. It has the mdm mortar, which can be used to knock them down and secure the pool easily. Alternately you can use the insane units, these are scouts with the fountain mine which can be used to easily knock out rocket spires/towers. Just be careful not to blow yourself up! :-)
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Scoob

Hi,

Thanks for the information...confession, I was playing on easy...still I'm getting better.  Just managed to hold my own and start pushing back on one of the maps - just ran out of time really as it's getting late.

I need to read up on some of the extra features G66 offers so I can understand what they are and get the most out of this.

One thing I will mention, have you made units smarter?  The reason I ask is because my Sabres and Scouts are effective now!  Had my little squad of 5 scouts take out 3 Maulers who were attacking one of my outlying Deployed Scavengers and they won!  They were assisted by the single remaining mobile turret I had there but nevertheless in vanilla they'd have been toast before they even got a lock on...I did lose 2 and the remaining 3 were decidedly unwell but still impressive!  It's really the faster 'lock-on' time that does it as they're attacking sooner rather than zooming around doing their own thing.

Might have time to complete a map tomorrow.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Red Devil

I think they're...evolving....  :-o

Posting a beta 20 here now:

- Applied the improvements to the Scion AIPs...

- Added base plates to AI Scion base.

- Noticed that the Titans were oversteering, so fixed that.

- Made the crigs/scavs/harvs not go idle after AIP switch.

- Switched effect lights to sprites to see if the improve fps.  (Vehicle explosions will look big)

- Added Infantry to the Scion's.

- Tweaked APC II.  Let me know if it's better/worse now.

- I *think* Neutral Snipes *may* be fixed, so please let me know.

- Reduced damage done by quakes.

What box???

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Red Devil

I have to add the Extra Options to IA (not an easy task).

Assault Towers?  They shouldn't be in there.

I keep forgetting to remove Reptilian Realms.
What box???

Red Devil

Just noticed that the Scion infantry don't have a requirement and the Executioner gets stuck in deploy.  Guess I deleted the wrong ones.
What box???

VSMIT

Quote from: Red Devil on September 05, 2009, 08:12:43 PM
Assault Towers?  They shouldn't be in there.
He's looking at the AI base in a comm bunker.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Devil

Was very tired last night.  I see that DropZone now.  He might have had object detail on low (or it was auto-set by low fps).
What box???

Red Devil

BETA 21 posted:

- Fixed Scion Infantry.

- Added more traction to Matriarch vehicle.

- Added a weapon to the ISDF.

What box???

Red Devil

What box???

Red Devil

Beta 23 posted.

- Fixed Human Forge not building Sentry and Lancer.

- Added 'new' weapon to ISDF Armory.  Had added it to Factory, but forgot the Armory.  Oops.

- Version updated on Cfg screens.

- Neutral Snipes resync is 'better', but still happens, so avoid selecting that option for now.  It doesn't happen when the AI bots snipe humans, so I think they found a way around it....
What box???

Red Devil

Should be posting a Beta 24 tonight:

- Added a Subversion Rifle to the ISDF and Scion.

-
What box???