• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Forgotten Enemies (BZ2CP): Full Installer Released!

Started by Sonic, November 24, 2003, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interceptor

I downloaded the install and it won't even launch...any ideas

Windows XP
2.59 GHz Celeron
259 MB RAM
DSL connection

Sonic

First Which version of XP?  Next, have you tried a reboot than run the installer?  If so I would suggest re-downloading the installer and try again.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Interceptor

My Windows PX is Version 2002 service pack one
however i will redownload and try again....i've been out for a while i'm itchin to get back in :o

The Nephelem

Aegeis

It is in the process of being made, I'm sure there will be a post about how to acquire it when it is fully compiled.

deadscion

When a compiled FE CD-R disc is available you will find it at CafePress.com.
This will probly not cost more than $6-10  U.S.

General Cooke

Its always profit with you guys, isnt it?  :D

OvermindDL1

Heck, I get cd's by the thousands (speaking very literally here), cases and all, used to have a printer that printed directly onto a cd so it looked perfect, but it has since died.  Also have a cd multi-duplicator, I can make approx. 120 cd's an hour.  My father used to record bands and such but he's retired, I got all his old stuff, most of it is antiquated now but the CD burner and CD Printer was still quite good, the printer is dead but the duplicator is perfect.  I am pretty sure you can actually buy a prebuilt duplicator nowadays, probobly a great deal faster then what this one is.  But when we bought the cd's by the box (5000cd's *AND* full size cases), they totaled about 11 cents each, cd's, case, and all.  Of course that was about 4 years ago, they are probobly even cheaper by such large bulk amounts now.  If you do something like that, it could reduce production cost to easily less then a dollar a cd.

RocketmanX

Just wondered, does the sale of a mod cd intrude upon any of the conditions stated in the license?

QuoteLICENSE CONDITIONS.  
* You agree that as a condition to Activision's consent to allow you to use the Level Editor, you will not use or allow third parties to use the Level Editor and the New Game Materials created by you for commercial purposes, including but not limited to selling, renting, leasing, licensing, distributing, or otherwise transferring the ownership of such New Game Materials, whether on a stand alone basis or packaged in combination with the New Game Materials created by others, through any and all distribution channels, including, without limitation, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution. You agree not to solicit, initiate or encourage any proposal or offer from any person or entity to create any New Game Materials for commercial distribution. You agree to promptly inform Activision in writing of any instances of your receipt of any such proposal or offer.

The part that includes "and the New Game Materials created by you " seems pretty specific.

If the sale of this cd is all legal then it would suggest that there is some unspoken financial deal worked out with someone who has rights to the BZ name and if this is the case, who is the non-company people involved and to what financial extent? I understood this project to be a non profit community effort. Not a means of a select few profiting from the efforts of everyone.

I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this.

TimeVirus

Quote from: RocketmanXI'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this.
I'm thinking you are. :D (psst, note "commercial use", shipping and handling fees probably don't apply as there is no profit in them)

RocketmanX

Yeah just wondering,,

Hmm, so if I fund my habits through the sale of a mod cd and just remember to doctor the s&h prices in the books then I should be safe! cool!

Man this internet stuff is really paying off!

deadscion

Quote from: General CookeIts always profit with you guys, isnt it?  :D

Will you please give it a break? Fishbone is arranging a CD with so much stuff it would take a year to collect and you get to buy it for little more than the cost of producing the CD.

He was think of guys like you when he decided to have a cd produced.

Another fact making the cd sale a good idea is nobody usually has that much webspace.

Why do you think somebody is supposed to just hand you a CD for free?

The BZ2CP forum you enjoy costs money but we don't charge for it.
Gameraters Forum costs money but we don't charge for it.
WWW.bzscrap.com where you get free maps to play costs money but we don't charge for it.
Somebody decides to make things convenient for dialup players with a CD at low cost and a foolish kid comes up and says" It's always profit with you guys"

Tell you what youngman go play for "FREE" someplace esle because your spoiled brat attitiude sucks bull utter, if you can't appreciate what's been done.

Rant Over  my apologies to the rest of you here.

Marksman

I put on a clean install and the full FE installer.
I was looking in the Instant Action maps and found EarthAssault. But the associated .dll seems to be missing. The map comes up but only with placed items, no rec or enemy base. I don't have an earthassault.dll in missions.
Does someone know where to find it, and/or add it to the full installer?

Sonic

Well that's odd that the DLL was never included, concidering its a map I made.  The map itself is at http://www.bzscrap.com/maps/Battlezone%20II/Instant%20Action/FEIAearthassault.exe so you can DL it and install it to fix it.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

deadscion

Hey SONIC, case in point:

The map ambushed will play on the full install of FE
(a fresh copy of BZ2 1.2 w/no frills and the full FE install over it)bz2cp_full.exe

but will not play on the upgrade version
(BZ2 1.2 FE Rev.B Upgraded to Rev.C)
bz2cp_revc.exe

I have confirmation of this from other players.

This is also an important issue with the Rev.C DLL beta work, which has decided because of the differences to stick with the full install version for the testing of the DLL.

Both installers need to have the same results or players will constantly have trouble.