• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone II 1.3 Tech Alpha 5 released

Started by GSH, April 24, 2009, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

I am guessing that by the mere lack of mention about it, that my request for Shader support didn't make it in...or am I wrong?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

It didnt i believe. Too complex i think, GSH isn't a full time graphics programmer :)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

GSH

Compatability problems/headaches would be squared with shaders. Intel's integrated video chipsets don't do pixel shaders at all, last I checked.

-- GSH

Steeveeo

Perhaps a scalable option then, similar to particle settings (if this project goes to TA6 or whatever it may be called, of course), where if the user selects a Shader setting that's too high, it would yell at them and set it back?

appel

Looking forward to loading up the world with this patch...  :-P

Commando

There may not be a public beta 6 so don't get your hopes on one.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Commando on April 24, 2009, 06:40:17 PM
There may not be a public beta 6 so don't get your hopes on one.
We were told not to get our hopes up on a certain PB4 patch if I recall correctly. :P

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Commando

True, but GSH most likely won't have the free time he had in the past.  He'll have to elaborate on that.

Wraith

Thanks to all who tested this patch and released it. How old is this game anyways?
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

What box???

Commando

I'm pretty sure it was released in Dec 1999.

Red Devil

What box???

Commando

I'm pretty sure I bought mine in the first week of 2010, but I saw it on the shelves in December of 1999.