• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

QuoteIt seems to me that extracting the Scion Pulse Rifle's ODFs from the .PAK file, even if you don't do anything with them, causes the gun to fire over the player's shoulder, instead of forwards.
The hp_hand point that the weapon fires from is a part of the pilot model, altering the gun model or odf would have no effect on where it fires from, just where the gun is positioned on the pilot model.
Just extracting the odf from the pak file cannot possibly alter what is happening in game. If the Pilot model has changed then you have altered it somehow. To get an alteration to show up you must have another pilot msh for the game to read. Look in addon or data/bindata.

AHadley

I've never touched the models for anything stock without saving under a different name, and I've never used the pilot models anyway. Nothing in addon or data\bindata.

mrtwosheds

And all your pilots now fire just the scion rifle backwards?

AHadley

I extracted the file, and he suddenly starts firing backwards. The interesting thing is that he doesn't do it all the time.

mrtwosheds

Reinstall bz2, check the gun, reload your mod and see if the problem comes back.
Sounds to me like a pilot animation issue.

AHadley

That does no good at all. I guess I'll just have to sit it out. It's probably just me, so if I do release the mod before it gets fixed it shouldnt be a problem.

Rocket

did you see if there was a "fixed" version of the pilot ODF inside the 13patch.dat?

if there is, then try using that one.
Hidden Defenders Mod

AHadley

Rocket

Hidden Defenders Mod

mrtwosheds

Quoteso if I do release the mod before it gets fixed
You are the only person with this issue, so you are the only person who can fix it, I don't know what you are doing, so its difficult to give advice.
Your diagnosis of what caused the problem just sounds all wrong, extracting things from pak files does not change their contents, unless it becomes corrupted somehow, reinstalling should have fixed that.
So I assume that the issue must have been reintroduced by your mod.
Gun models do not have any effect on how a weapons shot fires, Pilots do. Altering any of the pilot models structure or animations could easily cause something like this to occur.

AHadley

I haven't been changing pilot models!

Fortunately everything is being ported to 5.1 (or will be as soon as I can stop playing Half-Life) so that may fix it.

mrtwosheds

QuoteFortunately everything is being ported to 5.1 (or will be as soon as I can stop playing Half-Life) so that may fix it.
Before you move your Mod to 5.1, test the stock pilots/guns to see if you can see the problem. Assuming that it is not there, load your mod up and test it again. If it appears then, you are going to have to think about what you have changed.
Does it happen in all view modes? (shift f1- f3)

Red Devil

Check the gun model's orientation in the model.
What box???

AHadley

I haven't changed any models! I didn't even extract them from the PAK file!