• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Pluto Texture Modification

Started by AHadley, November 04, 2009, 11:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

There's one thing about BZ2's textures that really annoys me, and that is the textures that have PLUTO splashed across them in big letters. When you have some ISDF tunnels on Mire, it looks really out of place no matter how small it is. And for some reason, the baseplate on those tunnels are purple... :S

So I decided to remove the textures. I extracted the three textures I could find that have pluto written on them and put them in my addon folder, then removed the text. When I loaded the game... the text was still there. I know for a fact that I'm using the right textures, I've checked with the modder's data pack. But they still don't show up.

Why is this?

And what's making the baseplates purple?

TheJamsh

Baseplates being purple is caused by lighting (and they MAY have vertex colours)

As for the textures, you didnt DXT them did you?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 04, 2009, 12:30:27 PM
Baseplates being purple is caused by lighting (and they MAY have vertex colours)

Well, they're purple whatever the lighting (place one next to ibbasex and change the sky) so it must be the latter. How do I undo it?

I've already put a c0 and a0 on the road.pic texture (which im fairly sure it uses) and they didnt do any good.

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 04, 2009, 12:30:27 PM
As for the textures, you didnt DXT them did you?

Aah, damn it. what a stupid mistake. They work now.

Nielk1

Removing purple is a BA causing model change.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Looks like that one's going in the AP main folder if it gets done then. And that it needs converting to XSI first. Damn it.

mrtwosheds

You should be able to find all the original tunnel xsi in the zsis.zip on bz2 scrap. changing the vertex color is simple, locate the          SI_MeshVertexColors { entry and change the 3 columns of values to something you like.
RENAME the .xsi and odf and include in your pak.

TheJamsh

AHadley

I spotted the tutorial on bzcommand just after asking :P

Is anybody other than OM able to demunge a MSH?

TheJamsh

You dont need to demunge a mesh do you? Just use the XSI's from the ones on BZscrap, and then any newer ones from modders_data.

AHadley

Aah, are they in there? that's good news.

TheJamsh

ALL of the stock XSI's are in the stock XSI .pak file found on bzscrap. However, IF there is one in modders_data, it means it has been changed, and you should use that one instead.

Nielk1

So now you are making a 2nd set of tunnels that don't say Pluto or have purple colors?

Click on the image...

AHadley

I've made skins that remove the Pluto text only. They're an LMM addon.

The purple are asset changes, you said not to do that just now on msn.

TheJamsh

No point doing it via an LMM addon, just re-name them, and do the texture swapping in the XSI. Copy the ODF's and original XSI's and rename them.... then you have new tunnels. easy.

Nielk1

In the future TJ that will make a nice quick set of models. I would likely get a python script made that just swaps out all the textures smartly or something and clones all the ODFs with the slight change, but I don't see the need to do that yet. Pluto does fine, it is such a small thing.

Click on the image...