• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A Mod for Modding

Started by Clavin12, November 10, 2009, 01:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

What if there was a mod specifically for modding. For example it would have a file browser, an odf editor, maybe even a built in modeler.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

It means that all 3 of those things are impossible.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

VSMIT

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 10, 2009, 01:42:39 PM
It means that all 3 of those things are impossible.
Unless Clavin felt like coding everything necessary to make it happen.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

How hard can it be to put a text editor in the editor?
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Fine then Calvin, get to it.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Axeminister

You want to make Gary's mod for Battlezone II. But modding this game is already way easier than most, so why.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

bigbadbogie

He doesn't want to make anything.

He wants us to make it for him.

My BZ2 mods:

Clavin12

I said it was just a suggestion. I don't want you to make anything.
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

Here are the reasons why such thing is impossible:

1. BZ2 has no way AT ALL!!! (! x largest number you can think of) to read files created AFTER it has been started up, so to create assets ingame is impossible by default.
HOWEVER objects could be created in a sense but would be all DLL and would only be able to save/load objects through the DLL and saving loading custom .ini files (ODF would NOT work as some idiot would end up abusing it to modify stock odfs thus causing Bad Assets.)

2. .cfg != .lua, A file browser is impossible ingame. (Notice how a separate window is pulled up to save maps)

3. This would be COMPLETELY RETARDED as no game AT ALL would EVER allow model creation due to some idiot making a 3 million poly sphere and thus crashing every computer connected.

In short: THIS ISN'T EVER GONNA BE GMOD AND I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER LET THIS GAME FALL TO IT'S HELLHOLE.

Shadow Knight

Quote from: Warfreak on November 10, 2009, 04:21:36 PM
In short: THIS ISN'T EVER GONNA BE GMOD AND I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER LET THIS GAME FALL TO IT'S HELLHOLE.
Luckily you don't have to do much at all, since it's impossible anyway

Warfreak

Yes, I'm very lucky that the C++ Gurus here don't exactly want to go through the hellhole of coding all that crap just to get it working.

Dx

Why would you want a built in modeler?
That is like reinventing the wheel, 3D apps. can do it so much better.