• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I started making some props for BZII

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, November 12, 2009, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I made this house with Gamespace on my laptop at work under Win ME; Truespace 7 won't install under ME, so I still use GSL for super low ploy models like this house. A couple of the textures are shader based, but I painted the house walls from a UV map I exported to MS Paint. I really am astounded at how relatively simple such props are to make.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

Quote from: General BlackDragon on November 12, 2009, 09:44:30 AM
a house?

NO! Its a frikkin Pony!!

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 12, 2009, 09:23:27 AM
Whats it for?

Riding and patting and feeding carrots and generally looking cute... or was that me.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

I mean does he intend to put it in bz2 for some strange reason.
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

All because you don't like it doesn't mean it's useless.

Looks nice, is there a destroyed version?  :evil:

Clavin12

Didn't say I didn't like it. It's just simple and it looks kind of useless, at least for bz2.
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

In that case:

THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

A suburb turned into a battlezone.  :evil:

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Shadow Knight

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 12, 2009, 04:36:24 PM
That'd be strange.
It works reasonably well in the Loot map. If done well, it would be a great map to play on.

BNG Da BZ Fool

(It's just a prop for an appropriate urban type map.) It would easily be modifiable with modeller to make it look destroyed or even blown apart I suppose with an animation sequence. I've been trying to make a variety of mostly props as I've somewhat peaked/gotten bored at making other stuff for the game. The square the house sits on is 8x8 meters; would that work with the games map editor? I've also started to make some other size structures like tall buildings, and other city related props for possible use in a community project if possible.

What really amazes me personally is that I've really started to grasp grasp the concept of custom texturing some parts of the model while also using procedural textures together to achieve some pretty nice props. The house part is one solid piece with the roof piece; I used the union tool to weld both together to form one piece. The textures were applied face by face after initially cubic mapping the entire model with the texture I painted. The greenery was a procedural texture rescaled from a basic camo pattern to simulate a rough shrubby pattern. The roof was also done with a procedural tile pattern rescaled to fit the roof.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Can my props not own terrain and still have a terrain object?

TheJamsh

terrain__h will automatically make it own terrain, no matter what the ODF flag.

terrain (the one you texture on) probably wont by default, but you can make it do so with an ODF flag

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 14, 2009, 03:33:18 AM
terrain (the one you texture on) probably wont by default, but you can make it do so with an ODF flag

Do note terrain__h makes terrain flat under it, or rather makes the terrain match itself.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

QuoteCan my props not own terrain and still have a terrain object?
why? people could build stuff in your buildings.
There is also an "IsTerrain" odf flag to force objects to behave like terrain.