• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor tweak) Titan cannon animation

Started by APCs r evil, April 24, 2004, 11:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkFox

Quoteit would be marvellous if the ai could use both its weapons at one eh...
Rockettank AI *can*.
You should check zera angel's fancy scout for 1.2 if you don't believe me. I can't beat two of them on flat terrain, and they're damn AI scouts - they dodge, they shoot both their guns, they rock!

FoxBlade

really? I had no idea the code supported that.
still logically every unit should use all it's assault weapons during attacks.

Tempest Storm

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp MonkeyNice idea, but currently the AI will attack buildings and heavy targets with its 'guns' not its 'cannons' cause the guns would be assault and the cannons would be combat.

Note that you can config units NOT to do that with whatever AI you choose.

FoxBlade

the eternal secrets of the weapon mask :)

Tempest Storm

Actually weaponmask is only AI specific, all AIs recognise the WeaponAssault and IsAssault commands though. :p

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

mabey that shoudl change. Mabey you should be able to control the weapons that an AI uses more (i mean, you are the human...you willmake better judgements)...

not saying the AI should be totally self sufficient...but an AI Titan with assault guns should obviously fire its cannons aginast buildings and such.

Give the modderse more freedom, not the commanders though.

Zero Angel

The way i see it. AssaultTankProcess is SUPPOSED to fire its first linked weapons only.

Using SupportProcess AI with task entries of:

attackTask = "AssaultTankAttack"
subAttackTask = "SupportSubAttack"
subAttackClass = "NNS"

will behave like AssaultTank AI, but one that auto-selects its weapons like 1.3 AssaultTank AI does.

This way you preserve choice, if modders want the assTank to autoselect its weapons, they'll simply use SupportProcess.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Dirty Rooster

Zero, I have been trying out your scout in instant,
and find it strafes rather slowly, certainly not as
fast as enemy humans 'apparently' strafe. Is
this intentional??
An early AI scout which I made had high strafing
speeds but I was ignorant of the rocket tank
process at that time. These highly accelerative
AI scouts gave me more of an 'enemy human'
experience for my special AIPs.

Oops, I did all that in 1.2, maybe they behave
differently in 1.3PB ...

Zero Angel

Yeah, that one i released on to TimeDisruptor was an early version I was messing around with in 1.2. I made it the best I could, but I have a better one collecting dust on my home PC.

I also made an AI modded Scout, Tank, and Mortar Bike for ver 1.3. The Scout and Tank now use the much improved SoldierProcess for their AIs, and are a nightmare to fight, not to mention that they move as fast as a human player does, and can take really cool jumps. These are waiting for the day when I can go through the tedium of making a custom recy.

If you wanted 'em for your own 1.3 projects, i'd have no problem sending 'em.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

OvermindDL1

Hmm, that sounds interesting, any place you could post them up perhaps?

Spawn

Im not that good at modding yet, but if you send me the units, i could make a custom 1.3 recyc that could be chosen from the menu and not give bad assets...i think :twisted:

Zero Angel

1.3 Ais are up at [ www.bzuniverse.com/~zeroangel/misc_files/v13enhai.zip ]  Mortar bikes aren't done (they arent as good at subattacking yet) but the scout and Tank will be a good chellenge.

I took a quick look at the v1.2 unit AIs i made a few months back, and for some reason or another, the scout uses scout AI again; i forgot why that is, as its vastly inferior to any other AIs; I didnt post those ones up yet.
{bac}Zero Angel