• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Which patch is better? 1.2 or 1.3?

Started by BLUE DEVIL, March 26, 2004, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUE DEVIL

Hey, what patch do u think is better?  1.2 or 1.3?  Personally, I am not sure which one i like.  There are ups and downs for both patches.  Well, what do u guyz think?

Speedy

I think these kind of topics have been already discussed many times. We don't need to repeat our opinions over and over. Obviously, the people who patronize this board will overwhelmly vote for 1.3 (i.e. me).

BZZERKER

I think it would be better if, instead of starting topics like this that will eventually devolve into nothing more than one big arguement, ppl got out and played 1.3 and report problems. This is nothing personal against you BD. I've seen these type of topics devolve so many times it really isn't funny anymore and I think others might agree with me. They also aren't productive which is what we need right now *points @ Hemp*.

deadscion

I have stuff I like about both and stuff I don't like about both. I have been quite specific enough in the past and I do not wish to dredge up any further bad feelings.

However, I would like to know more about this new guy Blue Devil who has only posted a few times here and seems to be well versed in BZ2.

I have been hypothesizing about a BZ2CP member who has been pulling our community "Leg" with his incognito balony.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Deadscion, always at the cutting edge of truth.

FlashFire

tarquin1048

I think 1.3 will prove very successful when it is finalised (I Hope!!?) The game is far more stable with better sound, graphics etc. I think that if the patches for the various Mods and FE can be sorted we will be looking at a great game allround. I hope there is not too much arguments cause we must applaud Ken, Nathan and ALL the other Programmers and Modders out there who have kept this game going. They are always very willing to help us people when we have problems, so my view is lets move foreward and keep 1.3 with maybe a few tweaks (Scavengers get stuck in front of buildings!) and perhaps we can have keys F11 and F12 used as well for more units as I think was posted by Fishbone? Once again a big thank you to all you progeammers and Modders and long live the future of Battlezone II!!!! Still my favourite game today!!!

PhoeniX-FlamE

yada yada yada scrolll some topics back.. there was 1 EXACTLY like this few weeks / days ago

BZDraconian

1.2 because the editor is more stable and there are more things I can do with it.
Also 1.2 has way better sound.

3D sound in 1.3 is screwed up, unless anyone knows a way to fix it.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Quoteyada yada yada scrolll some topics back.. there was 1 EXACTLY like this few weeks / days ago

And? Let people voice their opinions, the threads that are to do with balence/bugs etc etc now have a big ''(suggestion/balence/bug MAJOR/Medium/minor)'' all of over them now, so your not even 'slightly' forced to read threads such as this.

Dirty Rooster

"3D sound in 1.3 is screwed up, unless anyone knows a way to fix it.",
said Draconian.

Erm, the opposite is true for most players.

I havee it on good authority that true 3D sound in 1.2 didn't exist,
the 3D-ness was fudged using 2D sounds only.
1.3 can now do 3D properly,
but some people (a minority) have sound problems with
some cards/drivers which they didn't have with 1.2

Sometimes the 1.3 auto-thingy sets the number of sound
channels too low, try setting them to max Draconian, it might
work then, it worked for me.

I have rubbish on-board sound but my sound in 1.3 is WAY better
than in 1.2, except that now the scion scav voice exists, saying
'wadda commn' when I tell it to scavenge, drives me NUTS.

Lots of sounds weren't even called in 1.2, never got to hear them.

"I'll make a mess'v'em" was one of my favourites, when Rattlers
told to attack stuff, works fine in 1.3
In 1.2 the game would crash sometime after rattlers attacked for me.

DarkFox

Quote'wadda commn'
He says 'got it covered'

PhoeniX-FlamE

there was a post like this few days / weeks ago

even with the same subject... and some ppl said there what they think

instead of opening a new thread for everything ppl should scroll down a bit to look if theres also a topic like they wanted to open... and just post what they want in the old topic and not make another one exactly the same

Huscar

Your completely right there PF. But with all the junk around here ppl don't feel like checking whether things have already been posted. I think it's time for a major cleanup, but that's not gonna happen.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

how about you just let people tlak how they want to. Someone obviously cares otherwise they would not of made the post/responded to the post.

If you think 'oh not this subject AGAIN'...then guess what. You dont read it!

Whoa!!, simple and affective. I know...its amazing how efficent being less tight fisted can be.