• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium suggestion) Mag

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, April 06, 2004, 05:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZZERKER

Umm.....YES :twisted: . What can I say....I'm a masochist at heart :lol: .

Spawn

heh, too bad the comp would be too dumb to use it right..."hey look, an enemy, in our base, lets use fountain now!"

PhoeniX-FlamE

team dmg by the AI usualy get 'canceled'

Loki

The Mag is ok I just dont like the limit to hold it and it shouldn't use ammo as you are holding it either. At least imo.

Huscar

If t wouldn't it might leed to unfair tactics (keeping charged, going to enemies and unleashing terrible damage before runing away)

Dirty Rooster

Huscar said ; "If t wouldn't it might leed to unfair tactics (keeping charged, going to enemies and unleashing terrible damage before runing away)"

I say fixing MAG (like for FE Rev.C, job done) might lead to
excellent tactics (keeping charged, going to enemies and
unleashing terrible damage before running away)

We aren't all on the same wavelength here...

robotman0

I never use the mag in BZ2.  Maybe its because (like avatar) i remember the mag from BZ1.  Now THAT was an awesome weapon.  The black dog walker came with two of them!!!  And like avatar said it killed any unit in like one shot.  The rave gun was a lot better in BZ1 too.  Much more powerful and your screen flashed all kinds of cool colors too and with the techno music it was like you were at........ well a rave!  lol  

Come to think of it.... everything in BZ1 was more powerful.  It was simply easier to kill stuff.  The weapons just inflicted more damage.  Maybe thats not a really a good thing cause it shortens games.  But at any rate SOMETHING needs to be done about the mag cause i've never seen anyone use it.  But then again there are a lot more weapons on the scion side that need just as much attention.  Remember balance everyone!  :D

DarkFox

Mag doesn't need attention. I use mag in strat games from time to time, it has it's niche, and should be kept that way.

There *are* scion weapons that require attention, yes. Weapons that have no niche. As far as I'm concerned, no weapon that has any kind of situation to which it is well suited enough to be useable in an online strat game should be changed.
With that in mind, tag cannon has a use (outranging turrets before you get shads, and weapon-cycling with laser to increase pool suppression ability). Mag has a use (obvious really, rushing bases or enemy assault units). Red field has a use (I regard it as better than VIR even in 1.2, never mind the powerful new redfield in 1.3). Flares have a use (turret killing), prox mines have a use (circling extractors). Just about every single ISDF weapon has a niche to be used in, and as such I don't think any of them require attention, except perhaps comets. Perhaps

As for scions - the lancer just doesn't cut it against anything. Even against packs of AI mortar bikes, there are better scion choices than a lancer (such as titans, arc stream warriors, or even sonic scouts). Furthermore, the multilock missiles have no real use (maybe if their range and damage were increased to rival the missile scouts dual-shadower setup it'd be better). Wasps get shot out of the air easily by anything, AI or human, making them useless.

That's it as far as I'm concerned - the lancer, particularly it's multilock weapon, needs attention. Everything else is fine just as it is. Mention any other weapon and I'd be able to recite a few times it helped me win multiplayer strat games. In fact, if you choose some of the rare and strange weapons of BZ2, there's a very good chance you'd choose one of my faveourites - I love finding uses for the wierd stuff.

Spawn

i like emp lockdown, dont you just love bouncing all over the place and freezing enemies, and think of crossing breeding abilities...
emp+sonic+walker=super happy peace walker  :mrgreen:
its really fun to completely irridaciate any defensife power they have against anyhting

robotman0

I agree with DF, before we even think about doing anything to an ISDF weapon we should fix scion ones.  The multi lock is a kinda neat idea since you can lock on more than once.  When I first got the game I tried it out and I was like wow what a cool weapon.  But then when I realized that it didn't really fit a particular purpose.... like there were other weapons that could fulfill all its possible uses.  I stopped using it except when I wanted to use the wasp.  The wasp if improved could possibly be the "long range" weapon that many players ask for the scions to have.  If it were just a little harder to shoot down.  I think technoid said in some other posts that the wasp needs to be smaller.  That would help it not get shot down as easy and would also make things more realistic.  As technoid said it just looks weird for a ship that small to be launching a rocket that big.  Maybe increasing its health a little or speeding it up would also help.  

DF you said you like weird weapons....  What do you do with static charge?  I'm sorry but I see no use for that weapon.  You need to be right next to the enemy to use it, and it doesn't even do much damage anyway.  Maybe if it did more damage and it "reached out" a little further it might be used.  Or maybe we could give it some kind of bonus while using it.... i dunno maybe reduce incoming damage.... or maybe thats too much like a shield... maybe shoot out weaker mini arc steams when enemies get close... errr i guess thats more something for a mod cuz its kinda complex and changes a few too many things.... i dunno what are your ideas.

Huscar

Static charge is usefull if surrounded by lots of weak (damaged) enemy units at close distance. Long range scion weapon, what did you think of an arcer? Never tried it but might prove usefull combined with a Static charge, first damage enemies, then kill them. Sentry might be the static charge carrying unit.

EDIT: yes DR we think differently on what's fair or not, parsonally I don't think it is fair to fire such a powerfull weapon witch was first ment to take time to fire in an instant (wich is what happens when pre-charging). But that is an opinion so let's not start about it.

PhoeniX-FlamE

scion should have a weapon vs hadeans... they dont seem to have the slight of chance vs hadean

DarkFox

They slaughter hadeans IMO.
As for a weapon versus hadeans - Sonic cannon *and* sonic wave make the best hadean weapon, the fireballgun, much weaker. Scions win when they get blink (as always), but especially against hadeans since hads can't build sniper rifles, reducing their chances of sniping one of those warriors. Scions can also flarebomb turrets, and don't even have to morph to take out spikes (spikes only have light armour), meaning hadeans either stay undefended trying to tech up, or they rely on the 70-scrap defenders, which will almost certainly slow them down enough for scions to get blink and win.
Whichever way I try to look at it, scions crush hadeans, a little too easily, methinks.

re: Static charge - it's good against APCs, and it's good for adding damage for pool hitting, but in general I don't want to see it any better because of the lag it causes.

OvermindDL1

I thought the lag associated with it was fixed?  (well not in FE, but in general the Static Field should be usable again, how useful is in debate, but it should be able to be used now)

PhoeniX-FlamE

2 wariors, 2 fulls

all was arc blink absro

and we lost horriably...

pushed us back with fb xares... warior cant kill a xares
not with arc at least and i doubt sonic does a better job against heavy armor