• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium suggestion) Mag

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, April 06, 2004, 05:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

In FE, all of the revs. And in BZII 1.2 and 1.3. I have almost *never* seen MAG being used.

infact, other than In-game testing, and newer players, i have actually NEVER seen mag. Perhaps the 'combat mag' idea never worked....

Change it back to the orginal BZI style mag and balence out the damage values? Hell...i always thought the assault version would be more like the current 'combat' version anyway.

SO, the suggestion is to :

Make combat MAG BZI style.

Make Assault like the current Combat 'shot gun' style mag...but increase its damage ratings and range to deserve he 'assault ' name.

Tempest Storm

I like it the way it is for ST, it might be used more often now though now that walkers have assault cannon HPs rather than combats like in 1.2, this way you can actually SEE the assault version of MAG in action more often. Perhaps though for DM a gmaggdm.odf can be made so on actual combat units the old BZ1 style can be used, making it actually possible to see it in a DM game without making walkers enabled.

aougli

Saw a Walker with assault Mags in action toight on Moonshroud.  Was fine, but let down by the pathing for the trucks.  

Huscar

Huh? My favorite tank is a mag armed assault tank, but I never play online so no wander you didn't see me. I must say I prefered walkers with combat mode, so you could have a stronger mag for the assault tank (now it's /2 the walker) in assault mode.

What I would like to see for mag is a better AI (how GTs and Units use it, GT charges way to long and units don't charge long enough), but since 1.3 came out I didn't play a lot so this might be out-of-date.

PhoeniX-FlamE

the walker was killed by poor team work... all sides..

i was in the walker... 1st of all was walking on bridge... no truck followed.. so i got btb... - k we start over... i asked for m-curtiens on me and got none.. then all the trucks got killed from the back... just a poor team communcation and poor team work

since the walkres in FE are on assult mag is being used once in awhile... and even if blast used sometimes after game they think about "why didnt i use mag?"
which will make them think about using mag their next game...

Aegeis

I thought mag had very poor range, even assault mode, u had to be like waaay up on the building or pretty damn close to it kinda like fang on mauler.

In BZ1 the Mag was the best way to take down buildings from an extreme distance.  Used on low power it ate almost no ammo, but each little blob ate a ton of hull on a GT or PS.

Full Power dual mags would take out any ship, or spin a Walker away like a dry leaf in a tornado.  Dual-Magger BDogs were universally hated...

I miss 'em...  :)

-Av-

Spawn

But isnt the point of having weapons with assualt and combat modes so one could be faster reloading, and faster moving, do less damage, and be most effective in dogfighting, with the other mode being slower reloading, travles slowly, and doing a tremendous anount of damage, to be most effective against targets that couldnt dodge them?  Yes, it may not work, and its a bit different for mag, but do you think you could hit a scout with a mag asstank as it is?  Would it be easier the other way?  Do we want it to be easier the other way?

Tempest Storm

Quote from: AvatarI miss 'em...  :)

Have you not looked at the BZ1 weapons zip I sent you? :D

I looked...   :)

I haven't played...     :o

I need a week off.    :D

-Av-

BioToxin69

Bring back the RAVE GUN!  :cool:

CmptrWz

There is a rave gun in BZ2. Has been all along. Didn't you know that? :p

Zero Angel

You can build rave gun powerups from the armory if you select the 'insane recycler variant' before starting the game. They cost 60 scrap, tho.  :cool:
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

BZZERKER

I just played a solo MPI on Fortress the other day with the insane recy. Sure would be nice if the AI used the insane weapons as well, ought to really ramp up the challange :twisted:

Spawn

Would you really like to be chasing a lone rave saber through your base when it decides to drop a fountain?  I thought rave costs 50...rave is fun...i like the music