• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Suggestion) More Weapon HP's

Started by Radigator, May 02, 2004, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

QuoteFor *years*, Nathan has told us that flying was a bug in the code and would be eliminated in 1.3 and for *years* he has endured the whining about it being removed. Anybody would get upset if subjected to that, especially me. In response, he kept saying that if you wanted to hover, just stick with 1.2. No biggy. It continued. [Sigh] (paraphrased) Guess what folks? I really don't care. It's gone in 1.3. Just play 1.2 if you want to hover.
[/size]

What makes you think that i agree with flying? Or that i think the outrageous abuse he got was acceptable? You should be asking more questions about me, not making statements. I have said many a time i have always thought flying was a bug. I LIKE the current (1.3PB1) physics. I have admiration for some of the solutions and clever bits of code work (something that i personsally would never be able to do...given that i am dyslexic and my brain quite litteraly functions in a way that really...REALLy doesnt like code).

QuoteBefore the 1.3 Beta was released, we knew that there would still be resistance, but none of us anticipated that things would get personal.
[/size]

Rudeness. Lack of respect for one-another. Those are the sparks that make the fuel of disagreement burn and destroy.

QuoteWhat gets me is the the lack of understanding what a Beta release means. It means, "Okay, we are close and this is what we have so far. Please test it out and let me know what you think." Indeed, some were appreciative of the new features, but the knee-jerk-in-the-groin reactions experienced - and tolerated... - were something I would expect from some inbred hillbillys, not the people here.
[/size]

Could not agree more...except for the ' inbred hillbilly' comment. Comming from a family that is not....multicultural. The term 'inbred' as an insult is rather...well...insulting. This does not mean I have a problem with multiculturists however.

QuoteDoes anybody here truly know and appreciate what Nathan has sacrificed and been through the past few years making 1.3? No, you don't. Neither do I. I have an idea though having been a programmer in the past. Making mods is child's play compared to programming. I'd compare modding to painting a room as opposed to designing and building a house. You guys really have no idea of what what's been accomplished. (Cantata does) But no, let the Nathan whippings begin because the Beta ships are a little sluggish and What? No hovering?!?!?!?
[/size]

Good point. However the option of making hovering an option was what people had gripes with. It was very easy to add it as an option as is my understanding. E.g....making the door swing *and* have a cat flap is not really that hard from having a Door being able to swing and not have a cat flap. Great analogy with the house building/painting btw.

QuoteSo, basically, thanks to the personal and tolerated attacks, the community just basically shot themselves right in the proverbial foot, killed the goose who laid the golden eggs, etc. And I don't blame Nathan one bit.
[/size]

I agree with you. However. What happens when that goose starts hootting over everyone? Whos to blame then? My answer would be both of them. The solution is to try and clean the crap off the people, and make the goose feel appicaited.

QuoteSo dream on and make all the wishlists you want to your heart's content because now it just ain't gonna happen. And enjoy all those the nice A/V's in 1.2 too. You've earned it.
[/size]

And let the dream die? Simply because people are too self righteous to see past their own emotions? Your are your choices, and i choose to try to make things better.

Red Devil

Hey! Look guys!  We can edit posts too!  

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp Monkey i agree with flying. i think the outrageous abuse he got was acceptable. You should be asking more questions about me, not making statements. I have said many a time i have always thought flying was not a bug. I DON'T LIKE the current (1.3PB1) physics. I have no admiration for some of the solutions and clever bits of code work (something that i personsally would have been able to do...given that i am dyslexic and my brain quite litteraly functions in a way that really...REALLy likes code).

Rudeness. Lack of respect for one-another. Those are the sparks that make the fuel..

Could not disagree more...except for the ' inbred hillbilly' comment. Comming from a family that is. The term 'inbred' as an insult is rather...well. This does mean I have a problem with multiculturists however.

Good point. However the option of making hovering an option was what people had gripes with. It was very easy to add it as an option as is my understanding. E.g....making the door swing *and* have a cat flap is not really that hard from having a Door being able to swing and not have a cat flap. Great analogy with the house building/painting btw.

I don't agree with you. However. What happens when that goose starts hootting over everyone? Whos to blame then? My answer would be both of them. The solution is to try and clean the crap off the people, and make the goose feel appicaited.

And let the dream die. Simply because people are too self righteous to see past their own emotions.  Your are your choices, and i choose to try to not make things better.
What box???

Tempest Storm

Rather unnessesary though...this should be looked quite soon...

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Red devil...what on earth are you trying to do? Replacing '' Like '' with '' DO NOT LIKE ''...

How do you expect me to respond to that? Well done? you can invert meanings?
Where the hell is the 'lock' function...this isn’t progress....take it to the forum that is ment to hold this kind of 'discussion'.

ARGH! don’t you guys ever think about people like Radigator?

EDIT : found the lock function! hurrar.