• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Suggestion) More Weapon HP's

Started by Radigator, May 02, 2004, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radigator

I know I'm not even a cog in the BZ2 Community or say much here anymore but the 1.3 really surprised me in being so good and since (if I have this right) its still being worked on for other release's I wanted to know if it was possible to allow more Weapon Hard Points (more than 5) able to have 9 weapon hard points would be amazing for other mods coming out or updating previous mods.

Thats my only request if its possible plz if its not understandable and if your too lazy to do it I understand. 1.3beta was great and I feel that I'm already asking for to much from what has already been done.

Thanks to those who beta tested worked on it and did this with out being paid too I'm greatful that people still love BZ2 like you guys do.

sabrebattletank

One good thins about this community is that everyone has a say and opinion, as long as thayve made at least one post, theyre in. As for Weapon HardPoints, It sounds like a good idea. For me, around sevenwould be perfect, but going back to a more bz1 style hardpoint system. Instead of having two miniguns in a scout, you would have two gun hardpoints, to fill as you wished. I know this would use up more scrap when modfying your current ship's weapons, but I like it better that way.

And the people who worked on 1.3 from Pandemic Studios have left teh community, but Im sure your ideal will be used by modders, I'd do it but I'm not a modder.

PhoeniX-FlamE

i accutly prefer the bz2 system over the bz1 system.. because lets say i want sp stabber on 2nd hard point and picked flash cannon (bz1 weapons... might be wrong about weapon names) but i wanna change the flash cannon to hmmm mag

it will change the sp stabber then i have to drop a new sp to replace the flash....

it always annoyed me abit...

more hard points sounds alright.... but i realy think the current unit should have some ammount of hard points... making more hardpoints in maybe side for mods... i realy dont think its a good idea to change the current units 2 much...

sabrebattletank

How about if it would switch the weapon that wasnt selected?

PhoeniX-FlamE

sounds great!

to think about a scout shooting 1 side las + 1 chain

just got an idea for a mod... a key to select both weapons even though they are difrent... or just 1 by 1..

but i guess both ideas will fit better in a mod rather then 1.3...

PhoeniX-FlamE

another idea... a weapon that will shoot everything.. (including activating speciel....)

any1 played heavygear?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

it would make the sabre super-flexiable. Thats a bit harsh.

PhoeniX-FlamE

i guess it will also cause some problems with blink

was just an idea that poped to my head - wasnt realy thinking about what will happen :P

MowerMan

I think there should be "blink damage" anyway...  After all, the blink does not obey the laws of any known physics, ergo...  it is a bug and a perversion!  It is a cheat!!!  One should sustain damage when used in any situation!!!

I think it fits BZ physics just fine, but it would be cool if they came out frosty cold and covered with ice...  

Then we'd have to come up with a 'Beer Blinker'...  

:)

-Av-

sabrebattletank

Quote from: PhoeniX-FlamE
any1 played heavygear?

Ive played hg2, but not 1

MowerMan

Well of course if the blink dispensed beer, it would be just fine... (never see me play isdf again).

PhoeniX-FlamE

u do get dmg from blink.. both ways... when u run or if u charge some1 else with blink they get slight dmg and when u run u get some dmg from ground... not always though

MowerMan

I know you do when you smash into stuff...  That's why I said "in any situation".

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I suggested that in FE. Infact i was really harsh about it....wanted a scion scout to get 30% damage when it got blink lol.