• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Suggestion) More Weapon HP's

Started by Radigator, May 02, 2004, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: technoidMaybe there's some Scion navigation technology embedded in Blink to avoid hypertransporting thru (and inside) solid matter.  :D

That's handled by BLINK being a line of sight weapon.  If you can't see through it you can't blink through it.

Sometimes it's the simple way that works the best...  :)

-Av-

Zero Angel

Scions are BRUTAL. Didnt you see the de-limbed and decapitated bodies in the first ISDF missions?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

But darned if Shabayev still didn't look sexy.. Which reminds me: Do Scions wear suits ala the ISDF or is that their skin and they run around naked?
What box???

technoid

I like their big-ass boots.  Looks like they bought them at the Elmer Fudd Wear store.

FoxBlade

scions are just sexy. Ive seen my neighbor in a black strapless and dark jeans, you cant get much better then that (while wearing clothes of course).

Angstromicus

Perhaps the scion blink can pull in other nearby vehicles.

Angstromicus

*perhaps that should be implemented, concerning the wormhole thing.

DarkFox

Having blink as a chargeup weapon would probably help balance it, but that idea of having it deposit you at a random location on the map is so sweet, so old-school. :)

@ Total_oblivion_omnis
I'm wondering whether *anyone* would bother even reading your posts if they knew that you were one of those scumbags that intentionally AV people's games, Omnis. Worryingly enough, though, I'm wondering whether anyone round here even cares.

I've got screenshots from the other night, and I saddens me to think that people like you are trying to help craft 1.3.

Scout

I remember before bz2 was out, they had info on all the weapons and units and such on the pandi site, they described blink as " instantly teleports you in the direction the user is looking @ a random distance, max distance being 100 meters"

But its not like that now...

And btw on the "charging of blink" yea that sounds like a pretty good idea acually, and they should make a visual of it too, like in unreal2004 with that super tank that fires that black hole beam..

For those that don’t know what that looks like, imagine where your aiming @ on the ground a sphere of energy forms then a beam of light from your ship fly’s too it, then BOOM.. But instead of boom you teleport..

Some other cool weapons on the site where.. Radar faker special, which the correct name I cant remember.. The description was, when a unit such as a walker uses this weapon it’ll appear to be 5 walkers on radar.. I’m guessing they planed to have definitive radar signatures for each unit, that would have been cool to see :P

Also scions where getting a kind of a cloak, that make their ship looks like its background. Slightly visible @ close range or something :P

tobad bz2 didnt have more time to develope.. like an extra year or so :(

BZZERKER

Heh, the Atilla has mortor HP's too Scout. Glad they didn't put them in the odf. :shock:

Spawn

the problem with making blink a chargegun is that it defeats its purpose, its made to transport a ship in the blink of an eye, and the hole it opens isnt big enough to move other ships, only big enough for the ship using it.  And what aobut my question with scion morality?  Does anyone have an answer?

OvermindDL1

Hmm, morters eh?  I could see the Attilla having popper's of some sort...

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Thats exactly what the old CCA walkers used to have. They also had dual blast. However the old ISDF walker legs were more stable, hense why the current walker seems to prefer those legs as well.

Scion morality? Well the scion morality thing is basically due to their actions politics wise. And how they view violence as something that is 'nessesary'. They treat it like a science, something to be done quickly and cleanly with accuracy and as little loss of life on both sides. If they were to make a weapon that attacked the piolets, it would stun them or something similar, not kill them.

How can you interogate prisonors if they are dead?

With reguards to blink, i think that atm it is *very* over powered, but worse...it makes playing scions predictable. Not fun.

However, giving it a limited range, and also giving it a tendiency to be random would be good.

I would make it random on these 3 things if at all possiable.

A) the distance traveled...or more presicly the range of the blink laser.
B) the ammo consumed.
C) the damage done to the user.

DarkFox

I strongly disagree. If it gets you out of range of the enemy weapons instantly (remember you're probably already about 135m away from each other, so it only needs about a 50m jump), then it's completely overpowered. Chargeup weapon is the best way to fix it.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I think thats true, but  have been informed that a 'charge up' is going to be impossiable.

Btw guys, what would you classify this thread as?

Medium suggestion?