• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Suggestion) More Weapon HP's

Started by Radigator, May 02, 2004, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

I think it would be nice to have a suicide scion bomber, that blinks to a place on the map, causing pretty good damage, in effect, destroying the bomber.

Edit: The bomber could only blink a certain distance, say, 700 meters or so.

APCs r evil

Like the Hadean Xerrakis? That would probably make a massive balance issue since there is basically no way to stop it if it has blink, even if it only had 700m blink range and would die once it had finished blinking.

At least that is what I think about the idea.

FoxBlade

this really belongs in the mod and maps forum but.........if the unit only did damage to light and none armor classes, it could be an effective AI one on one unit destroyer. if it was accurate enough to blink ON another unit it could be a VERY effective PVP PKer.

Spawn

heh, how is blink supposts to work anyway?  and you could have the unit do insane damages to sheilds...so scions would never use it near themselves...but they might around other scions...that would be a fun weapon :twisted:

N.Fuser

Quote from: PhoeniX-FlamEsounds great!

to think about a scout shooting 1 side las + 1 chain

just got an idea for a mod... a key to select both weapons even though they are difrent... or just 1 by 1..

but i guess both ideas will fit better in a mod rather then 1.3...

lol, it's easy to do that, just change the odf kido ;)

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Quotethink it would be nice to have a suicide scion bomber, that blinks to a place on the map, causing pretty good damage, in effect, destroying the bomber.

Scions look on such weapons as immoral and wrong. Its also why they do not make 'sniper ships'.

DarkFox

But scions are fine spilling gas all over the enemy base eh hemp?
I think you misread them, they seem to go for 'function with minimal effort', and have the technology to act it out.
I think a sniping ship is right up the scion street - 'remove the essential component to disable the enemy ship'. Very much their style IMO.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Nah, its too imoral.

Gasing? you can move out of a Gas cloud. And the scions know it. It is also normally used for base *defence* (high ammo consumption limit's it to an archer )...a deterent, which if you insist on fighting will destroy your ship and you as well.

Spawn

also, blink is used a great deal as an escape device, not as much to attack.  and couldnt that be why the scions dont have a bomber?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

If it was not for scion morality the other races simply would not have a chance. The scions would just make a huge totally self suficient tower that blinked extremely potent explosives from its highest point.

PhoeniX-FlamE

Spawn

I have two questions, first is how is blink supposts to work exactly?  Second is how do we know that scions have so many morals, or if it just assumed cause they haven't made one of those towers to date, and wouldnt the cerebi make a tower like that?

Given that TRO introduced "portal" technology, AND the fact that there was a wormhole generated by the technology on the Dark Planet, I'd say that Blink is just another application of the same 'move through another dimension' technique.

It could also be similar to "Andromeda", where things can't 'slipstream' without a living intelligence controlling the process.  That would explain why there aren't any blinking WASP missiles...

Personally I think "blink" should be similar to "hyperspace" in Asteroids, with a slight chance of blowing up on exit each time you use it.  :)

-Av-

technoid

Maybe there's some Scion navigation technology embedded in Blink to avoid hypertransporting thru (and inside) solid matter.  :D

APCs r evil

Quote from: SpawnI have two questions, first is how is blink supposts to work exactly?  Second is how do we know that scions have so many morals, or if it just assumed cause they haven't made one of those towers to date, and wouldnt the cerebi make a tower like that?

To answer your first question, I ASSUME Blink is a portable wormhole generator that creates the entry point wherever the ship using blink is and generates the end wherever the green laser pointer thingy is, after that step is complete the ship enters the wormhole and is instantly transported to the other end of the wormhole.