• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Give the noobs a ride...

Started by Arcane, July 01, 2004, 07:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone remember that there's a 'human cannon' as part of the COW map?

Lags you a little when fired, possibly due to the scream it makes when exiting the barrel.

-Av-

Jetfire

Ooh... human cannons...  :P

Make it do as much damage as a blast  :lol:

Arcane

And make it leave a little blood splat on the targets windsheild

Spawn

actually, that could be possible with a taground...maybe clog the engines :)

Arcane

And if the target is a treaded unit it leaves a little trail of gore  :lol:

Viperus

Quote from: SpeedyI have made a prototype DLL. The mod is called GNR, short for, Give the Newbs a Ride

Can you give us the link to the GNR mod speedy

Zero Angel

I dont think a sticky bullet (whatever they are called) can emit any effects. If it could, i'd imagine a draw_planar emit could be used to render a blood trail on the ground. :)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Spawn

you can make bullet just look like a bloodsplatter, so when it hits your ship, a bloodsplatter "appears"

GW05

Wouldn't it be cool if you could board an enemy unit if you lost your own.

You know, when an enemy approaches, you could jump out of nowhere, jump up onto his ship, and snipe him out.

Then ride off into the horizon with the spoils of war. :cool:

Just kidding. :lol:

Wingflier

lol the other day I was playing some good ol' FE.

I was using the Hadean Antenna or whatever (1.2 Satellite...ugh...)

Anyways...

My ship was just outside of it...

I decided I need to kill some things myself : )

It was hilarious.  

At that exact moment a pilot just happened to be running to my ship (an enemy one)

I started spring/jumping towards it at the same time...

He was closer but I could move faster.

I got closer...closer...closer...he was so close...we were neck in neck...

When...

SQUASH.

Game Over.

Lol I love FE : )

PhoeniX-FlamE

SkyNET

Quote from: galaxywarrior05Wouldn't it be cool if you could board an enemy unit if you lost your own.

You know, when an enemy approaches, you could jump out of nowhere, jump up onto his ship, and snipe him out.

Then ride off into the horizon with the spoils of war. :cool:

Just kidding. :lol:

That's it, I'm putting the sabre tank in Halo 2. :D

Or the bulldog...

Speaking of which, doen anyone know a good cheap mod-chip?

GW05

Alright!  :cool:  That's what I'm talking about.! :D

mitsurugi

this seems like a very good idea. since i myself am a noob, this would create a good learning experience like if i was ridding with a vet. i could learn a few things. plz make this mod work. :-D

Jacen

Another good idea is for the player to call for help, and the commander or another player (even the player himself)  sends an APC (or something) to pick the player up, which then returns to the base and drops the play off.