• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Give the noobs a ride...

Started by Arcane, July 01, 2004, 07:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viperus

it may be possible to do this but i think you would have to pretty much make a new bz2 engine or make a different game like war zone bz2 or something but you would need pandamics permission to make a BattleZone3

or the alternitive ask pandamic to do that feature in battle zone 3

Arcane

Is this project still up for discussion? I would be more than willing to help test anything that needs to be tested. I would really like to see this implemented in a later version or in a mod. 1.3.2 Anyone?

Viperus

Quote from: ArcaneIs this project still up for discussion? I would be more than willing to help test anything that needs to be tested. I would really like to see this implemented in a later version or in a mod. 1.3.2 Anyone?
hey version 1.3.2 in that version can you keep multiplayer settings from resetting and thats pretty much all i want

ScarleTomato

lol viperus brought this topic back from the dead :P.
and pandemic wont make a BZ3 :cry:

1.3.2?
  ^(this is a decimal, usually only one appears :D but hey, its yalls version)

Angelwing

Heh, don't you love it when ancient topics are ressurected :P

You could probably do this without the use of a DLL simply by using 'Magnetshell' rounds and having it fire a continuous salvo. I actually got something similar like this to work accidently when toying around with Flight, but it was too cumbersome to use properly (you couldn't fire a weapon at the same time as flying, etc)
There is one major issue with this though:
You can pull anything along. not just pilots :/

Spawn

this was dont with dll already, but nobody cared cause its not very useful...

APCs r evil

Thank you. I was going to tell them about 8 hours ago but I was busy. Look on page two.

Angelwing

Heh, I did some testing with the magnetshell idea a while back (in multi)
was rather amusing to see a Warrior dive down onto an enemy unit, swoop up and head straight up into the air, carrying the enemy unit with it, so high that he couldn't even see the floor anymore :P. You can do it with enemy pilots too, but they'll usually collide with the ship and die very quickly, or fall out of the magnetic radius
Fun, but there's no chance in hell it'd ever be practical towards gameplay in any way whatsoever :P