• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is there a 1.3 Beta Release 2 being worked on??

Started by tarquin1048, July 05, 2004, 10:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

QuoteYou win my award for the worst PR i have ever seen. It is just....just not *proffesional* to treat people like dirt, and then blame them when they get angry and make up excuses such as 'being blunt' or what not. But never mind details like that, I am one of those 'Vets' (que : spiting? yes? no?)
You really think words are more important then deeds, hemp? What a tool you must be. Its not "professional" to devote thousands of hours of labour and not get paid for it either, is it?

Get a grip.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Fishbone

Juvat

Give it a rest hemp weve herd all this before give it up you are like a stuck record get over it.

QuoteBesides 1.3 is a beta patch, and there is a bug in the netcode

Bugger I can't use 1.2 i have to use 1.3 beta dosn't seem to affect me on LAN which is where I play, my online speed is to slow for me to join games  I live in the backend of no where ( we only just found out about copper wire )

I can live with what we have got

Cheers

Angstromicus

What bug? The --Joiner one? Is that the bug in the netcode?

Red Devil

Darnit. Who's been spreading lies and what have the lies been?  Time to set the record straight and clear the air, I'm thinking.  There's too much whining and BS here from some people here.  A few bad apples and all that.  Maybe it's time to clean out the barrel.

Quote from: GSHWell, given the outright lies about my involvement and knowledge of BZ2 design & development by people who should have known better, the inducement to return after this project is over is considerably less.

This community has made its bed, maybe it's time for it to lie in it. Forever.

-- GSH
What box???

Commando

QuoteIf perhaps we were limited to playing the latest released versions of publicly relased bz2 patches online, (as is on lots of games), there would be lots of 1.3pb games, and testers and developers would likely have more pride in developing the 1.3 patch, and perhaps, a 1.4 patch. I see 1.0 games played more often than 1.3pb games.

I doubt we will ever see an official 1.4 patch.  I am personally surprised to see 1.3, even after being involved in testing it for two plus years.  If there are any future patches, they will most likely come from the community, if someone can crack the bz2 exe for modifying.  I doubt this would ever happen though, since we don't have that many people in this community that are that experienced with programming.

technoid

Quote from: CommandoIf there are any future patches, they will most likely come from the community, if someone can crack the bz2 exe for modifying.  I doubt this would ever happen though, since we don't have that many people in this community that are that experienced with programming.
Plus, even if someone did crack it without legal/corporate approval and Pandi/Acti finds out, the cracker(s) will certainly be diving into hot legal waters (or lava).   :D

Angstromicus

Is bz2 copywrighted? If so, and someone can crack the bz2 code, then all we need to do is wait, until the copywright wears off.

Stone

Quote from: GSHWell, given the outright lies about my involvement and knowledge of BZ2 design & development by people who should have known better, the inducement to return after this project is over is considerably less.

This community has made its bed, maybe it's time for it to lie in it. Forever.

-- GSH

So you're punishing an entire community for the mistakes of a select few. With that attitude, it's no wonder so many people have turned against you.

Though I was sympathetic for all the abuse you and your creation has taken, it's damn near gone with the way you've been such a pissant lately.

Red Devil

It's about not getting respect and gratitude. If someone were spreading lies about you, especially after all the hard, free, long work you've done for them, wouldn't you be even a *little* upset?

There's a few snotty-nosed, whining, lazy, emotionally retarded, socially dysfunctional children with control issues here who take advantage every opportunity to draw attention to themselves by acting out their own personal issues and therefore ruin it for the majority of people here.  

The majority of people here love BZII and spend hours making mods or experimenting with it and discovering even more new things about it every day.  I'll be damned if I stand by and let a few kids ruin it for the rest of us.
What box???

BZZERKER

Stone, From my understanding, the "abuse" actually started after the 1.2 patch was released. It was after the 1.21 patch (now 1.3) was started and certain things were leaked to or found out by many of clanners/vets that things really started to heat up and have gotten us to where things are today, a great mutual dislike of each other from both sides with other ppl sticking their noses in every now and then just to stir things up again.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

QuoteThere's a few snotty-nosed, whining, lazy, emotionally retarded, socially dysfunctional children with control issues here who take advantage every opportunity to draw attention to themselves by acting out their own personal issues and therefore ruin it for the majority of people here.
[/size]

Like..er....Darkfox. Sure thing Red

Stone

I can understand why GSH would be upset. I'd be surprised if he wasn't, actually. But there's a fine line between being upset at a few people who have bashed him and his work, and outright anger and abuse towards everyone, be they supporters or nay-sayers.

I hope I'm not coming off as one of the nay-sayer types. I admire GSH for what he's done for this game, and I sincerely hope that he continues work on what I see as a great gift to the community. But his attitude, from what I've seen, is one of the reasons this community is in such a rut. When he jumps and bites anyone who makes even the smallest comment on the patch, and refuses to even consider what people have to say, I begin to see why there's so much hate going around.

In fact, I believe that it was arguments HE instigated with his negative comments and attitude that ultimately led to the departure of several members of the community that I believe were held in high esteem.

BZZERKER

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp Monkey
QuoteThere's a few snotty-nosed, whining, lazy, emotionally retarded, socially dysfunctional children with control issues here who take advantage every opportunity to draw attention to themselves by acting out their own personal issues and therefore ruin it for the majority of people here.
[/size]

Like..er....Darkfox. Sure thing Red

What delusion of gradeur were you having when read that?  And were do you get DF in it? If anything, I think that might be pointed at you.