• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Suggestion) A use for Site CAMM

Started by APCs r evil, July 27, 2004, 10:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

I remember using wireframe (console) in a few games, but then stopped because it wasnt useful. I liked the pretty colors better, plus I got pretty much the same functionality by hitting 'T' every 2 seconds as a force of habit.

Even if site did highlight targets within 150m, it wouldnt help unless you were being hit by multiple opponents (which is especially where it will shine) or if someone is using VIR to jump you and you forget to look at the radar (or forget to repeatedly/blindly use your target key while hitting pools).
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Spawn

Quote from: HuscarThat'd be nice. Or just make maps that are nice for ambushes, were you have to hide your laser turrets (laser because they are ambush vehicles!) behind all kinds of things to have an advantage. Now that would make the SITE damn usefull.

The map should have quite some turrets to begin with and lots of hills and the like, no bio-metal but a redeployable recycler and much loose scrap (scrap spawning). Using scavs as bait, 2 scouts head over there, and when they go past the hill, zaaaa! Light show, bie bie scouts (and the scav they took with them), hello scrap. What would have happen if the ISDF player used SITE camm? He sees the turrets, takes a splinter mortar bike and forces the turrets out of their hiding place, where they are hopeless against 2 scouts they didn't know about.

That's when SITE camm comes in usefull.

how often will that happen?
took you a paragraph to explain when its useful.

on another note, you can use m-curtain to make things go farther/faster?

Huscar

It will happen when ppl will play that way (and with good maps). Oh well it will be handy in my mod since more units will have that ability (NOD cloack!)

PhoeniX-FlamE

Huscar, you too, should play the game 1st, besides that - NO people will not use site cam in the example you gave, it'll take more ammo then its worth (u said to keep it as it is...)

Huscar

Well ammo reduction is needed for sure. But what do you prefer? Loosing a scout or a bit of ammo? And no matter how much I play the game I will never see such situation as nobody plays like that. Plus there are no maps for this type of gaming (if you want to force it).

PhoeniX-FlamE

well, if u take site cam on your scout, in the situationm you gave ull die cause of shads

the way you putting it, there are few maps for it,

1. mars
2. quarry
3. quite alot of the bac maps
and some more

more to add - use ur radar
and besides that
site cam will force you to run, where without it - you could've fight since u got ammo

Nielk1

I understand the site camera taking ammo (converting it to energy for use), and as for things already on the tank like lights, the tank already generates enought energy to supply those and in some cases heal and rearm.  I would like it with a much lower (slower, unnoticable) ammo cost, but the ammo cost is kindove how the tecknology works.

Click on the image...

Spawn

did anyone wonder how the tanks float, or has it beed decided that biometal ships of small mass repel non biometal objects?

Huscar

We did and started flame wars for it, better not mention that now.
@ PhoeniX-FlamE if those maps have more than 2 pools it's not what I mean. Besides, when bio-metal is that low, it might be better to run that to loose a ship that you paid for, giving the opponent more bio-metal.

PhoeniX-FlamE

sure, but you wont need site cam for that,
your better off with something that will save your life on the run (mits prox m-curtien or VIR) use your radar, besdies that, site cam force you to kill 1 pool a run, without it you could kill a pool and a scav or so... im not even sure if you'll be able to finish 1 pool with site cam (scout with chains and site cam)
also, dont forget that if your on 1 pool you'll probably have an empty scout, or an m-curtien if other team got tanks

and i know what you mean, when the enemy can come from a hill or something alike... look at quarry - on the middle side pools, u can use site cam to see around - but its still useless

anyways, this is a pointless argue, you dont even play the game to know how things realy works, and im just wasting my time repeating and replying over and over again, ill be surprised if nathan even reads all this hoot - or will bother to do anything, I dont see people playing 1.3 for 1.3 (all those that want 1.3 are waiting for the mods [exept g66 or mpi]) so im sure the mod-makers will do somethnig about it, no point argue here since it wont change anything
this is my last reply on the issue

cheers

Huscar

Quote from: PhoeniX-FlamEill be surprised if nathan even reads all this hoot - or will bother to do anything
Hehe, I doubt it as well.
Hey the only thing I was saying is that if you want a use for site cams it would be to reduce the ammo cost a bit and make maps that make it more usefull, I won't see those things even if playing will I? Besides, why do you think I don't play the game?
(I change issue)

PhoeniX-FlamE

because what you are talking about is already exsisting in some maps + whats the point of making a map for 1 weapon, why not make the weapon be useful and fit to ALL maps?

APCs r evil

Ooooh! I got another idea for Site CAMM, make it show some sort of spectral trail when a vehicle uses Blink.

Spawn

there is a trail, the vehicle just glides to point :lol:

APCs r evil