• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Major Gameplay bug) Scion Gauss should not alternate*

Started by Bull Dog, December 02, 2004, 10:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull Dog

Ok I finally got my computer running well enough to do some testing.  The bug where the rate of fire would double when a weapon crate is picked up seems to be fixed.

The visiual glitch where guass only shows up 1/2 of the time it should, its still a problem.  It seems that the game only renders half of the shots then your local world sorta updates with the real world and things jerk a little.

That to me is totally unacceptable.  Having things jerk a little isn't to much of a problem....unless you happen to be fighting a human scout.

Spawn

are you sure things jerk BECAUSE of shot alternate bug, or is it just normal jerkiness?  Shot alternate wont be fixed probablly, but it it makes lag when you fire it, then it will need to be looked at.

Bull Dog

Things seem to jerk more when normal.  What seems to happen is that the game only shows about half of the shots.  Only the shots that show up appear to hit.  Then the game realizes oops  :oops:  This weapon is supposed to fire 2x faster, better do some damage recalculation.   For example,  fighint a AI tank that is fleeing into base to get repairs.  The moron is red.  I chase after him and shoot him down.  When he is almost at 0 the game realizes he is already dead so the visiual world updates and suddenly the tank's carcass is flying through the air.  Things jerk on the screen a little.  Visiuals skipped: A second or two around the time of the 1st explosion.  

I hope this isn't sounding too much like a pile of trash.

Spawn

thats just normal warp/recync.  you cant see your shots, so get used to it.  Well, not totally normal, but still.  You do have to lead with even instant hit guns, for they arent truely instant, just really fast.

DarkFox

No spawn, I know exactly what bulldog is talking about, and it's not just the usual multiworld catching up that goes on. In 1.2 it is specific to alternate fire weapons.
The wierd thing is, I've been testing in 1.3 and haven't managed to recreate it yet.

Commando

I know of one bug in 1.3 related to alternating weapons.  A good portion of the shots aren't drawn while multiworld is on.  The only way to test this is to add /multiworld to your bz2 shortcut to force bz2 to run in multiworld.  In 1.3, multiworld isn't enabled until you get a joiner.  If you host a dm game, it runs in the single player environment until you get a joiner.

Bull Dog

Quote from: CommandoI know of one bug in 1.3 related to alternating weapons.  A good portion of the shots aren't drawn while multiworld is on.  The only way to test this is to add /multiworld to your bz2 shortcut to force bz2 to run in multiworld.  In 1.3, multiworld isn't enabled until you get a joiner.  If you host a dm game, it runs in the single player environment until you get a joiner.

Thats what I'm talking about.  I tested with other ppl in MPI High-Low btw.

Red Devil

I get missing projectiles in IA sessions.  AT-Stab, SP-Stab, mortars, you name it.
What box???

DarkFox

This isn't simply missing projectiles RD. This is a units health bar being shown *higher* than it really is. There may be a vehicle that you've been attacking with enough gauss to redline it, but the unit will still be on green health, and suddenly it's bar will 'jump' down.

We've all seen energy bars jump up, but jumping down is very rare (not impossible), unless you're using an alternating weapon. With an alternating weapon is it very common, hapenning noticeably in about 80% of fights with such a weapon (combat gauss being the best example).

As I've said though, I haven't seen it in 1.3 yet, but apparently it is in there, I'll have to test when I've got some people together for a game.

PhoeniX-FlamE

hmmm I think I had that few times on 1.2 using gauss ISDF scout (stole a full scout and got sicon weapons on it)

while shooting I noticed their health barly goes down and then the health bar just jerked around up and down
I get the same on 1.2 with titans though you talking about that?

DarkFox

If the titans are using gauss, or sonic cannon, then yes. Particularly if they're been thrown a crate in the game.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

does the rate of fire for the shot alternate weapon have an affect? if so, it might be something to do with the timing of the weapons firing and the update rate. just me guesssing though

Red Devil

Did a search for all units using shotAlternate = 1
                Delay
gauss_c       0.5
gmortar       2.0
gtower         0.5
gsonic_c       1.0
grktbomb_c  1.5
gsting_c       1.0   salvoDelay = 0.1

This anomaly been noticed when using Stinger?
What box???

Bull Dog

well since I started this I'd better follow it up.

In 1.3 dropping crates into vehicles that already have another shot alternatedoesn't increase the firerate.  In fact it doesn't do anything different from what it's supposed to do.  But my point is that in Multiworld, the weapons do not show up properly.  Only about 50% of the shots are drawn.  Then the game seems to warp as it is fired and the other person's health bar is updated.

I'll need to retest this out in the private beta and see if it's still a problem....

Red Devil

The Pulse Stab does hesitate enough every shot to show the shell as it leaves the barrel.
What box???